Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sleeping Dogs

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Recreating the thrill of Hong Kong action movies, Sleeping Dogs is an open-world crime adventure that tells the story of undercover officer Wei Shen as he infiltrates a notorious Triad organization in the streets of a fictional Hong Kong.

Sleeping Dogs for PS4 is $10 on US PSN. You should buy it. It's a great game.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Sleeping dogs just might be my favorite sandbox GTA type game. I even liked it more than the Saints Row games, and I really like that series. Unfortunately the port wasn't great, so while it includes all the DLC and a 1080p resolution, it also drops between 30 and 25 fps. Kind of sad for a game that should very well be 60 fps, with what little effort went into it, but it's still the best console version out there. Not good for a 60 dollar retail game, but pretty acceptable for a $10 sale, IMO.

I've heard mixed opinions regarding how bad the frame-rate actual is. If you want my opinion, I'll be back to this thread later today, once I've had the chance to check it out for myself. In the meanwhile, here's the original version Quick Look.

Sale ends on Tuesday.

[edit] Only seen the early parts of the game so far, but I haven't really noticed frame-rate issues yet. Having only played the 360 version before this, I will say that the higher resolution really makes a nice difference, though.

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have beat this game 3 times. I am going to buy it again and make it a fourth. This game is wonderful.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is great. It's really great.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

It's a great game, but I already platinum'd it on ps3. People who haven't played it should definitely play it.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It makes me sad that it's looking like we're never going to see a sequel to this game. Darn that stupid free to play nonsense that they came up with instead.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Breaking training dude's legs in the dojo was pretty fun.

mtfikhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do US codes work on Canadian accounts? I went to the page and it gave me a warning.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

@ripelivejam said:

Breaking training dude's legs in the dojo was pretty fun.

You sadistic bastard! Pretty much the best thing in the game though.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Like Saints Row The Third, people that come to this site and had any interest in this game have already played it. Still a good price, though Steam's a bit cheaper with the Lunar New Year sale that's going on atm.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By NeverGameOver

I own the ps4 version. Played it last year and didn't have any framerate issues that I can recall

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zeik

Like Saints Row The Third, people that come to this site and had any interest in this game have already played it. Still a good price, though Steam's a bit cheaper with the Lunar New Year sale that's going on atm.

Despite how entertaining Vinny's quick looks have always been, I never picked it up, because I was never quite sure I would like it. But $10 for a definitive edition on the PS4 finally caused me to cave.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: glad you're getting around to it and hope you're not too open-worlded out.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zeik

@zeik: glad you're getting around to it and hope you're not too open-worlded out.

Admittedly I have found myself critical pathing it more than spending much time out in the world doing side stuff, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: That's the way to go. The last third of the narrative feels rushed but overall, the story is quite enjoyable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.