Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs - Confrontation

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Confrontation, the first SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs game for the PlayStation 3 delivers 32-player online multiplayer across 7 maps and 7 modes with robust community and clan support.

Is this game worth getting after the patches?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JJOR64

I heard when the game came out it was almost unplayable due to technical issues.  Now after the patches, is the game still worth getting?  I was thinking about getting due to that it comes with the official PS3 headset.  I know that the headset alone is $50 so I may as well pay an extra $10 and get the game as well.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Lunarbunny

No opinion on the game but the headset isn't bad (I don't have a PS3 but I bought it for my PC because it looked like the best bluetooth headset for $50 that suited my needs). Only issue is my ear's a bit small so I tossed a 3/4" length of 3/8" surgical tubing on it and now it works perfectly.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TwoOneFive

the game is definitely worth getting. just about all the friends i have who bought this when it came out are still addicted to it. 

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64

lol  Can't believe you posted in here.  Anyways I got the game just for the headset mainly.  Headset = $50  Headset + game =$60

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Get the game so as to get the headset, then sell the game and make a profit.
    Though i cannot reccomend the headset its voice quality is nice though i wasn't able to test it out with having to literally find people that had headsets *ended up searching outside of psn and finding manachild from here to chat with him* the voice quality is good but its one of the least comfy headsets i've ever worn its got lots of sharp corners so you cannot position it past a certain angle and since its in the ear quite a bit of preasure is put on the inner ear and its very loose instead of being tight fit.

best bet is to get a high quality bluetooth headset by plantronics or motorola and using that you will find much better ergonomic designs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.