Has anyone tried this game yet?

the_messenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By the_messenger

I miss space shooters, and like Dave, the X series is impenetrable for me. I know this won't be a new Independence War or anything, but it looks fun enough. Hell, for $10, I'll probably pick it up tonight either way.

ruhkandae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ruhkandae

Yeah, I did. Only played the first 2 missions, but it seems to be exactly what the dev was going for, a x-wing style space sim/shooter. Sadly, it's been so long since I played a space sim that it took me a while to get my bearings with the controls and layout, but I started hitting a decent stride by the middle of the second mission. Doesn't look like there is a ton of content, but it seems built for replay as you can get a mission success and not perform very well. I really hope it's successful because they need to keep going and add multiplayer.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By MikeLemmer

I just beat the game myself. I posted a review of it here. The short version: a bit lackluster, but solid core gameplay & worth the $10 if you like the genre, just to see where they take the sequel.

PurpleOddity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By PurpleOddity

I've played a bit. Yeah, nothing revolutionary but it's nice to have a new game of this genre. It's a tad simple too, no custom weapons load-outs, just a straight upgrade system. And from what I can tell there's no power management or shield management stuff in there either. Seems worth the $10 though.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By ShadowSkill11

I just wish I could play it correctly. I don't want to play with a mouse but the joystiq/gamepad users out there like myself are having issues(see steam forums). I and a good many of other users either spin in circles or not be able to control anything at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.