Spec Ops: The Line, are you guys exited?

#1 Posted by sthusby (383 posts) -

I've been following Spec Ops since it was revealed at the VGA's a couple of years back. The promise of a dark story inspired by Heart of Darkness, the same short story that inspired Apocalypse Now, really got my attention from the very start. Time and again, the game has unfortunately failed to ship at it's planned release dates. There seems to hope for a release this year though, with the announcement of it being playable at PAX.

Are you guys exited for this game? I really hope it reaches a broad audiance without having to make compromises. In my eyes, this story has the potential to rival that of another story driven game due for release later this year, which is of course Bioshock Infinite.

#2 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

I am hopeful, but i'll wait and see.

#3 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I don't know, the beta was pretty bad and I haven't really seen much of the campaign.

#4 Posted by Yummylee (22587 posts) -

Oh yeah, this thing. Been a while since I've heard anything new about this.

#5 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

I liked the way it looked before the huge revamp.

#6 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

After all that happened, I'm concerned, but I'm still hopeful it will turn out good.

#7 Posted by Morningstar (2242 posts) -

Hopeful, but far from a believer.

#8 Posted by mordukai (7185 posts) -

Also hopeful. I'm hopeful that this game will do the Inception thing where it reminded people that big blockbuster movie don't have to be super dumb in order to be successful. In that I am hopeful this game will have a good story that will remind dev that you can have meaningful smart story in an action game and still be a good game.

#9 Posted by Kedi2 (255 posts) -

I was excited for this game a year or two ago, now I just hope it doesn't get canned.

#10 Posted by Nadafinga (959 posts) -

I feel like they're leaning too much on the "your choices have real consequences!!!" in their promotion of the game lately, but it looks like it has potential.

#11 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1146 posts) -

@Nadafinga said:

I feel like they're leaning too much on the "your choices have real consequences!!!" in their promotion of the game lately, but it looks like it has potential.

That's a great tagline, though, that I couldn't imagine would ever backfire on any game's reputation ever.

#12 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

I want to be.

#13 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5111 posts) -

@TentPole said:

I want to be.

#14 Posted by DeF (4979 posts) -

Yes, I am actually very excited for the game! In part because it's the rare occasion that an ambitious AAA game is coming out of Germany and I want it to be good :)

#15 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

More curious than excited. Been following that game for a while, and it's changed quite a bit over the years, so I'd like to see how it turns out.

#16 Posted by vorpalparasite (306 posts) -

apparently the demo is out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.