Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Splatoon

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 29, 2015

A third-person shooter/platformer hybrid that lets players paint the environment in colored ink and turn into squids to quickly traverse it. Along with a solo adventure and local one-on-one multiplayer, the game's main focus is its 4-on-4 online multiplayer battles.

Limited Content as a good thing....

KiLlerBLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By KiLlerBLT

One of the universal complaints about this game has been the limited content. To play a bit of Devil's Advocate I want to put it out there that I think the limited content, at least up front, is a good thing. Yes we're all used to getting everything right now in video games, I think that immediate gratification is a big reason why we play them. But... Titanfall and Evolve really put all, or most, of it's content out right away. Those games seemed to pop big and largely go away.

I think delaying the content and releasing it out at a moderate pace will go a very long way in extending the legs of this game well beyond the month or two that Titanfall and Evolve lasted. If something interesting is being added every few weeks, even just a gun or a level or a play mode, I'll keep coming back to it every few weeks to check it out.

Of course, this does depend on them keeping interesting content coming, maybe I'm wrong, I dunno. I guess we'll see.

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm surprised no one's picked up on this.

I don't think think this is Nintendo being all savvy about online multiplayer games that fell off the radar - this smacks of Nintendo gradually introducing an audience into something they might not be familiar with.

That said, ranked mode is fucking savage.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

It still feels weird to be playing a shooter with so many Japanese players. I guess I'm used to online multiplayer being segmented by continents, and also never associated Japan with really liking any other online shooter very much. Also some of them can bunny hop like motherfuckers.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

My problem with Evolve, Titanfall, Brink was that they came out with an extreme lack of content, since when is 9 maps and a few modes to much? No singleplayer and a couple of weapons a few modes and that is kinda it these models are terrible that is why they all failed. Not saying that it will with Splatoon since it actually seems to be a fun game and its match brevity is a huge advantage but who knows what it will look like in a month.

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@bribo said:

That said, ranked mode is fucking savage.

RIGHT!? Fuck ranked mode man. It's too god damn intense, and you don't get ANYTHING when you lose (except -10 to your rank). That shit will give me a heart attack.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.