Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

'Splosion Man

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 22, 2009

A 2.5D side-scrolling action-platformer from Twisted Pixel featuring a military experiment gone wrong, resulting in a molten man who can ’splode at will!

way of the coward?

ascholzk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ascholzk

so i bought 'splosion man yesterday and dont get me wrong; i love that game. but as i got threw several levels, i started dying, like a lot! and unlocked the option to skip the level (i didnt skip the level). since then, i have been dying a lot in almost every level, making it a game of trial and error, and skill.

have any of you guys been dying a lot in this game?
    Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Carlos1408

I haven't got it yet but I will soon, I did have the feeling that stuff like this could happen...but hey it's a platformer. :)

Sponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Sponge

OH YES!! This game is whooping my ass! Ive gotten "Way Of The Coward" for a lot of the levels near the end of the first block of levels and most of the second block. This game takes a lil too much trial and error for my taste but I guess I will have to push my way through it.

I usually end up with 5 times the par time aswell.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_A_Drain

I absolutely suck at platformers, so this game is handing me my ass on a silver platter :\ Starting to frustrate me a little towards the end of world 2, I hope I can finish it without way of the coward though. Havn't used it yet.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By chaser324  Moderator  Online

This game is definitely a challenge, but I wouldn't say it ever felt unfair. I always felt like I was in complete control, and that if I had just done something a little bit faster or a little bit different then I would have been fine.

Korax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Korax

I'm definitely not that great at platformers, but I powered through the few areas that kept giving me trouble. Just keep it up and try not to put your controller through your TV.

piderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By piderman

I feel this game is harder than N+ because there is usually only one way to get from one place to the next. You have to hit the exact correct sequence of barrels etc. In N+ you usually have a lot more choices.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By Jedted

I've "cowareded" my way through a few levels, mostly the ones that involved heavy timing based puzzles or the ones where you gotta be fast to avoid the rising water.  That level or pressure doesn't exactly make it any easier.

It's still a fun game and i'm only a few lvls away from the boss currently.  I don't think there's anything else like it out there.

borgmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By borgmaster

does it disable the completion achievement?

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Aishan
    @borgmaster:  Yep, you'll have to go back and redo the levels to get the achievements. (Damn you Multi 3-7!)
    hughesie27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hughesie27
    @Chaser324 said:
    " This game is definitely a challenge, but I wouldn't say it ever felt unfair. I always felt like I was in complete control, and that if I had just done something a little bit faster or a little bit different then I would have been fine. "
    Agree 100%
    I can only think of 1 situation where I genuinely never knew what I was doing wrong. So far anayway, currently sittin at level 30. Or 2-15.
    Then there is the other 50 multiplayer missions!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.