Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SSX

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 28, 2012

The sixth entry in the Snowboard Super X series that allows players to ride down real world mountains in dangerous weather conditions.

Bass drop

Vari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Vari

Since this game appears to be filled to the brim with dubstep, it better have a bass drop that is synched to a giant vertical drop. Imagine playing Garibaldi from SSX tricky, hitting that giant drop and then WUB WUB WUB....GAME OF THE YEAR ALL YEARS.

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By hero_swe

Well, if it is to be a true SSX Game, then the music must be intensly mixed together with what you're doing, Indeed how they started doing it with Tricky. God I love Tricky, I want a tricky 2!

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By FreakAche

@Hero_Swe: Isn't that just SSX 3?

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Aus_azn

It's pretty sad that this is currently my most anticipated game of 2012, ahead of Diablo 3, HotS and Mass Effect 3.

My opinion of this game went from "whtf" at the time of the Deadly Descents era to "holy shit, I want this NOW" after the It's Tricky trailer dropped. For once, a game developer is actually taking the community's opinion into account, much more so than I could have expected from a non-indie developer.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They managed to cram dubstep into EVERY GOD DAM SONG, never has game audio been such a turn off.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By MiniPato

@masterpaperlink said:

They managed to cram dubstep into EVERY GOD DAM SONG, never has game audio been such a turn off.

Listening to that music on its own would be annoying, but I think it compliments the gameplay of SSX well. Just like dubstep compliments Trackmania even though I wouldn't listen to dubstep on my ipod or anything.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By EarlessShrimp

Not to diverge from the topic completely, but I seem to remember Noisia wanting to do a track for this game(see it's topical, sort of!)...  Anyone know if that came to be?

GolazoDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By GolazoDan

@MiniPato said:

@masterpaperlink said:

Listening to that music on its own would be annoying, but I think it compliments the gameplay of SSX well. Just like dubstep compliments Trackmania even though I wouldn't listen to dubstep on my ipod or anything.

This is absolutely true. I just got Forza 4 and put that in. Played a bit and was initially disappointed that there's no (as far as I know) actual songs in there, not even remixes, and I certainly wouldn't listen to it outside the game but it really complements the style of the game, just as in the case of SSX and Trackmania.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.