Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SSX

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 28, 2012

The sixth entry in the Snowboard Super X series that allows players to ride down real world mountains in dangerous weather conditions.

Made the mistake of touching this game

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By psylah

In the local Sony Style store, they had the new SSX running on a 65" Bravia. One trip down the mountain and I was sold. Wallet out. Take my money. To my dismay the kind lady said it was not for sale yet. I sadly put my wallet back in my pocket, and continued to play for another 45 minutes.

I'm terrible at the game. I've never played an SSX game before. But for some reason, it is something I feel compelled to master. It brings me back to spending hours playing Tony Hawk 2, which is my closest analogue to this game. SSX faithfuls will no doubt feel that it's a significant shortfall from the previous games, that is inevitable, but I know I'm going to get what I want out of it.

Also: dubstep.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BPRJCTX

@psylah said:

"I've never played an SSX game before..."
    "SSX faithfuls will no doubt feel that it's a significant shortfall from the previous games..."

I'm lost...

If you've never played SSX before...

How would you know something like that?!

Btw, i would have robbed the place, just for the SSX disc...

And i'm an angel in human form, but SSX just makes me go nuts!!!

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By psylah

@BPRJCTX:

I don't know how long you've been on the internets, but people love to complain here.

No matter what the series, there will be the faithful that will never be satisfied with the new iteration.

I guarantee it.

MrRedwine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By MrRedwine

I don't know, I didn't hear anyone complain about Bionic Commando Rearmed.

Sometimes new versions are better. This one looks pretty awesome.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BPRJCTX

@psylah said:

@BPRJCTX:

I don't know how long you've been on the internets, but people love to complain here.

No matter what the series, there will be the faithful that will never be satisfied with the new iteration.

I guarantee it.

Yeah, but it's the way you say it.

I am an SSX faithful, and i never felt like that, not even when they first announced it, and they showed that realistic COD'ish trailer.

But the way you said it, "No Doubt", "Significant Shortfall", those are pretty heavy words for someone who's never played the past games.

Using those words, it seems like you're pretty sure, i just don't see how you could think like that.

What made you say that, from playing that demo?

I'm just curious.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TruthTellah

Have you watched the Giant Bomb crew's Quick Look EX of the new SSX? That should cause you to start salivating uncontrollably, as the real game itself is even more balls to the wall crazy than just the demo. I do agree that people will have their gripes, but in general, I think many will just be glad to see SSX back. :)

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Skytylz

When is the demo coming out?

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Dany

@psylah said:

SSX faithfuls will no doubt feel that it's a significant shortfall from the previous games, that is inevitable.

No it isn't. Everyone is excited about this game. This is return to form for SSX, everyone is fucking pumped. I don't know where you are getting your bold predictions from.

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By biospank
    @Dany said:

@psylah said:

SSX faithfuls will no doubt feel that it's a significant shortfall from the previous games, that is inevitable.

No it isn't. Everyone is excited about this game. This is return to form for SSX, everyone is fucking pumped. I don't know where you are getting your bold predictions from.

because there is always the one who would bitch about it not being enough like ssx3.
    Enigmatical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Enigmatical

I just pre-ordered this game after spending a few hours playing SSX3 last night. I need more SSX.

TheShoebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheShoebox

I originally did have my doubts about the new SSX, but I began to embrace the changes for the new one, just as I do with every franchise when they bring it back.

Plus, I do need more SSX.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CptBedlam

@Dany said:

@psylah said:

Nope ... *raises hand* ... here I am guys, complaining about it apparently not having bigger "feelgood" areas for some free-roaming (like Happiness in SSX3, Coonce criticized the rather narrow tracks in his preview as well). Also, I'm not down with the whole gliding-mechanic and the deadly descents mode. I will have more to nitpick when the game comes out, don't worry guys. Buying it regardless because it's the closest thing I can get to a modern SSX3. ;)

edit: while I'm at it: the rock textures look pretty ugly sometimes :P

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By psylah
    @Skytylz said:

When is the demo coming out?

Not sure, what they were running at Sony Style was the full game, a proper pressed disc. If there weren't staff members around I would have ejected it, nabbed it and ran.
    McGriddle550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By McGriddle550

My body is ready...

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#15  Edited By StarvingGamer

I was godlike at SSX3

Fuck On Tour

I am HYPE for SSX(2012)

@CptBedlam: Also I remember reading somewhere that there was a drop in the game inspired by Happiness... but I'm not sure where. I mean seriously, with a billionty drops, I'm sure you'll be able to find quite a few that fit within your wheelhouse.

bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By bunnymud

I have never played a SSX game and I have no idea if anyone who did play the prior games will like this one.

But, I bet they just might

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.