Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SSX

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 28, 2012

The sixth entry in the Snowboard Super X series that allows players to ride down real world mountains in dangerous weather conditions.

SSX without an online pass. Difficult to earn points? How?

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MrOldboy

I just rented SSX, so I did not get an online pass. I didn't think it would be a big deal since the game allows you to play online without one, I guess there is no actual online just leaderboards and such anyways. Watching the quick look I am still a bit confused on how the game handles this. I understand some points you earn are behind the pass, but having just installed the game I am not sure how I should approach it so I dont waste too much time earning points I cant have.

So how can I earn points playing SSX without an online pass? Should I just play the game not connected to live or do I need to avoid certain modes entirely?

Or is it not worth the trouble and just get an online pass of ebay or somewhere for $5?

Shun_Akiyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Shun_Akiyama

The online pass actually only locks you off from getting points from global events. 
    You get points from everything else normally

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MrOldboy

@Shun_Akiyama: So what are global events? I guess that is where I am confused. What differentiates global events so that it would be justifiied to be behind the online pass?

Shun_Akiyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Shun_Akiyama
    @MrOldboy said:

@Shun_Akiyama: So what are global events? I guess that is where I am confused. What differentiates global events so that it would be justifiied to be behind the online pass?

You know the events with the timers on them? The one's that say this event is only available for like 2 days.
    Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Barrabas

Also they're the only events that have simultanious online play. Honestly I'm suprised they just didn't completely lock you out of participating at all without the online pass. That would be more in line with how previous online passes have worked.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrOldboy

I guess I'll just try to grind out the points that I dont get from doing the global events stuff or just avoid them, either way doesn't seem like I'll miss much.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bwheeeler

FUCK YOU EA, MAKING YOUR ONLINE PASSES...largely unobtrusive...so that people who don't buy new can still pretty much enjoy the game...

It's good that they're trying to figure out how to make these things work.

ultrapeanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ultrapeanut

Yeah. They're still incredibly gross, but if they're going to exist this is a pretty decent way of implementing them.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

A decent full-combo trick it run is around 80,000-100,000 credits for me. Basically if you want more credits, add people from the GB thread and post some good times/scores. Although once you find a good suit and board for whatever event you're competing in, credits just go to geotags, mods and global events.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By Barrabas

Going through world tour will also net you a fair amount of points. I think I ended up with I think about 600,000 at the end and I was buying boards and outfits for characters along the way. Also world tour is overall pretty easy, I had a little bit of trouble in Africa and on the last two courses but that's it. Everything else I won on my first try.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.