Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:Call Of Pripyat (Зов Припяти) is the third game in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise, and picks up shortly after the events of the original game. Call of Pripyat takes elements from both the original game and the prequel, Clear Sky, and is generally considered the most polished and most accessible game in the series.

STALKER Call of Pripyat

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By LackLuster

Alright I have The 1st stalker game and I have not played clear sky yet,  Should I play these before Pripyat or can i start with it since from what I hear it takes place before the first one.

mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By mrhankey

STALKER games in chronological order by plot, not release date.

STALKER Clear Sky
    STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl
    STALKER Call of Pripyat

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Rowr

I think you will be fine, I never found this game to be really about the story. The third doesnt seem very story driven - at least what i played. It's more about enjoying being a stalker.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By thatfrood
    @LackLuster:
    The first has the most story, and probably the better atmosphere. I would actually recommend playing it first. But please, please, please do yourself a favor and install the complete mod for it. It improves the game a million fold.
    mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By mrhankey
    i agree with both guys below, although I add the following: Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat are the only games in the series I would suggest playing. clear Sky is really the black sheep of this franchise.

@ThatFrood said:
    " @LackLuster:
    The first has the most story, and probably the better atmosphere. I would actually recommend playing it first. But please, please, please do yourself a favor and install the complete mod for it. It improves the game a million fold. "
    @Rowr said:
    " I think you will be fine, I never found this game to be really about the story. The third doesnt seem very story driven - at least what i played. It's more about enjoying being a stalker. " 

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By snide

Honestly I'd say you're fine with Pripyat. It's the best of the three in my opinion and if you like the "feel" of STALKER, you can always revisit the older games.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Evilsbane
    @snide said:
    " Honestly I'd say you're fine with Pripyat. It's the best of the three in my opinion and if you like the "feel" of STALKER, you can always revisit the older games. "
    Have you tried SoC with complete 2009?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.