Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

A sci-fi MMORPG developed by Cryptic Studios and Perpetual Entertainment which allows players to fight amongst the ranks of Starfleet, join the Klingon Empire, or rebuild a Romulan homeworld.

A great (limited-time) way to get lots of fleet marks!

samuraigarrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys! I know most of you have probably been playing other things lately (as I have been), but there's a great opportunity for us to finally finish the first fleet dilithium mine upgrade project which will unlock the ability to mine our own dilithium asteroids! There's a limited-time event going on now that, among other things, earns you a lot of dilithium ore, a special very rare duty officer, and 500 fleet marks (in addition to your choice of 250 marks). That's potentially 750 fleet marks for each lobster that could at the very least knock off a big chunk of what we have left to finish the upgrade, if not complete it! The details are here:

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3037583-mirror-invasion-event-is-live_

You'll need to do the new PvE queue once a day for 14 days in order to finish this reputation event (as I believe you only get one of the items needed for the rep a day), but I think it's totally worth it. So, anyone going to join me in getting our mine open for business?

samuraigarrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for kristov_romanov
    kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I am running it on 2 SNLers, and I will start with a 3rd today. That should bring in 2250 marks for me, plus those that you get for individual runs and the mark boost increase. This event should give us a nice step up.

I am a tad annoyed at the AFKers in some PUGs though.

samuraigarrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By samuraigarrin

@kristov_romanov: Sweet! Are you putting those marks in the mine upgrade, or somewhere else?

kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samuraigarrin: Yep, I'll pop them in the mine. I am really waiting for us to get the Spire going though. Some nice space equipment there.

samuraigarrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kristov_romanov: Agreed, but the dilithium ore refining contract is pretty sweet, too (the ability to refine 500 extra dil beyond the 8,000 limit). Are you planning to slot that after the tier 2 mine upgrade completes in a couple days? I believe I'm going to save my fleet marks for that project.

martian_dogman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@samuraigarrin: the extra dil refining will be slotted. :) more dil is always good.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

Thank you gentlemen.

kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kristov_romanov

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.