Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

A sci-fi MMORPG developed by Cryptic Studios and Perpetual Entertainment which allows players to fight amongst the ranks of Starfleet, join the Klingon Empire, or rebuild a Romulan homeworld.

Battle for the beta!

kamikaze_tutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kamikaze_tutor

So there's a big farewell event for the beta.

A massive Klingon Fleet is forming near Qo'noS for an invasion into Federation Territory. Klingon Warriors who wish to join this fleet may rendezvous near Qo'noS at 2pm PST (We're GMT -8 right now).

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/949

Who's in?

Space Neon Lobsters UNITE!

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lockwoodx

Yeah I just noticed this too. Kinda makes me feel like an ass for making the world pvp thread because now at least we know it's possible. 

I just hit Lt. Commander on my Klingon. Look for Dellingr@lockwoodx of the I.K.S. Ragnarok

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mikemcn

Fuck this means i need to get back in the beta.
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By AndrewB

If I'd have ever made it out of the tutorial phase, I'd be all in. I'm not even sure I can free travel, yet.

Wait, are the servers down? Holy hell. Every time I've tried to connect to the game, they've been down. I guess I just have excellent timing.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lockwoodx

They just went down recently. If you make it out of the tutorial then talk to the admaril you can beam up to your ship and go anywhere. Just make sure to put all your starting points into Starship Command because it is looking to be mostly a space battle. If we get to invade the station too... oh man!

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Legend

So, will Federation players be able to participate in this at all?

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lockwoodx
    @Legend: Well our guess is it will be a form of world pvp so I'd say yes. If not, and it's all against npcs then ohhh man the shit storm on the forums will be epic lol.
    kamikaze_tutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kamikaze_tutor

Server's up, start grinding. :P

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Virago
    @AndrewB said:

" If I'd have ever made it out of the tutorial phase, I'd be all in. I'm not even sure I can free travel, yet.  Wait, are the servers down? Holy hell. Every time I've tried to connect to the game, they've been down. I guess I just have excellent timing. "

Man, the servers are always down
    Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Legend
    @Kamikaze_Tutor said:
    " Server's up, start grinding. :P "
    No need. I suspect we'll all be auto-promoted to Admirals when this happens. They did the same with Champions Online.
    lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lockwoodx

Thank god I never got that life time subscription. Tonight was such an utter failure and disappointment I cannot express it enough in words so I must use my wallet. World pvp is what we wanted... instead you simply turned off the saftey features of the holo deck, ignoring the consequences. Between the instancing, lack of direction, bugged quests trapping people, and SPAWN CAMPING...... it's clear to me you guys act before you think, and poorly thought out decisions lead to a situation much like WoW is in now. This was a good game because it will filled with the hope you would get world pvp into the game, and do it correctly. You proved to us time and time again you were patching in the right direction, and forward thinking. Tonight I concede to the haters. You guys were right about Cryptic and Champions and what they would lead STO into.... Haters, you were right. Shame on you Cryptic.

kamikaze_tutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kamikaze_tutor

It was a disappointment indeed. The Federation didn't even know where to go for the event. I was waiting near you location, on the other side of the border and everyone started typing Sol System, K7 and Starbase 24.

At Sol we kept getting Klingon's warping one at the time and getting raped, then respawning and immediately dying without being able to leave. K7 got war queues that did nothing. Starbase 24 was just a damn fleet action.

Then you could see they were just getting desperate and started planting overpowered Borg cubes on Vulcan Sector.

You know what, this was the best farewell event for a beta, now I won't feel bad for never playing it again. I'll be getting into some Homeworld multiplayer action for now on.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By rjayb89

Wait, it ended already?  Damn you, Mass Effect 2!

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lockwoodx

Man what is up with this site. I can navigate it barely... but ALL of the java is completely broken. Anyways I want to reply to Kamikaze. If you're into flight sims... this was one of the best ever. http://www.freeallegiance.org/  
    http://www.freeallegiance.org/FAW/index.php/Allegiance

kamikaze_tutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kamikaze_tutor

It's still up, but the event is poor. Now the Starbase at Sol System is overrun by borgs.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lockwoodx

Yeah they needed NPCs to replace all the klingon players who logged off to go cancel their preorders.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Legend
    @Buzzkill said:
    " Yeah they needed NPCs to replace all the klingon players who logged off to go cancel their preorders. "
    It was alright. I really enjoyed the final hour.
    lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lockwoodx

I enjoyed watching them on the live stream, but even my friends on the fed side were really annoyed because they couldn't  join the fight. They would try to get to sol from vulcan and get constantly pulled into combat in space. The whole event just makes me want to /facepalm wondering what was cryptic thinking.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.