Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

A sci-fi MMORPG developed by Cryptic Studios and Perpetual Entertainment which allows players to fight amongst the ranks of Starfleet, join the Klingon Empire, or rebuild a Romulan homeworld.

Star Trek Online Digital Deluxe Edition $5.00 @ Amazon

evildeadron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By evildeadron

so, i just purchased STO DD from amazon for $5 and i was wondering if the Space Neon Lobster fleet was still around? 

also if anyone else want's to finally pick this up and join in on my really bad holiday decision, here is the link 

for $5 i think it's worth it to mess around for a month, last time i touched this game was during the beta
    adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By adoggz

the collectors box is/was like $8 or something ridiculous a week ago and i picked it up so I'd be in.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By Jedted

Wow, i bought the collectors edition a few weeks ago for $10.  I played it for a bit but cancelled my sub before the 30 days ran out. 

I'm curious if anyone else from the SNL fleet is still playing aswell. 
    gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By gamb1t

whatever happened to this game? star trek games used to be dope on the pc

Avatar image for deactivated-61abb009b221e
    deactivated-61abb009b221e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

My general philosophy is that the quality of the game is reflected by how fast and how steep the price drops are. Something tells me that there's something wrong about Star Trek Online.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I thought it was already F2P

evildeadron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By evildeadron

got a nice xmas present from cryptic, after i downloaded the game from amazon today, i logged in with the account i was using during the beta (at the time i was doing preview coverage) and lo and behold my account is still a press account with full access. so i don't even have to pay to play, did not have to add acredit card or anything and i have access to a bunch off stuff they are selling in the c-store(just claimed basically everything out of the c-store as a free item)...anyway, i started playing today and it's still STO, so if there are any SNL's out there in sector space, i am the large breasted , pink haired female borg captain Kari Moon, flying around in the USS Evil Dead, i hink my char info is kari@Groovy_Gamer  and yes i am a dude but the MMO rule applies here, if i have to stare at a screen for several hours looking at the same char, it;s going to be a pink haired borg female with a nice ass 

cheers 
    MrWakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By MrWakka

Its not great, but getting better. 

Moral of the story being that atari, as is typical, rushed a product that really needed another year of development. 

As it stands the patches since launch have made improvements, and more are on the way. Ground combat is being reworked, they are introducing player created content, and they have been doing 'featured' episodes that have been quite entertaining. This isn't a perfect game by far, but at least it is improving over time, including a recent overhaul of sector space with more work on it being talked about. At 2.50 for basic and 5.00 for deluxe, you can effectively get 60 days of play for 7.50 (the 30 day trial with each edition stack), and at that price you'll more then get your moneys worth out of it.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Legend
    @evildeadron The fleet has seen better days that's for sure. I can invite you if you want, but sadly 99% of fleet members no longer play the game.
    evildeadron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By evildeadron

sure invite me, here is what my char looks like.....ooh yeah pink haired borg lady 

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#11  Edited By falconer

I'm tempted to get the Collectors Edition from amazon if only for the sick Communicator Badge. Then if the game goes free to play I'll have made out like a bandit. But if not, I'll at least have a sick communicator badge.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By adoggz
    @ShaggyChu said:
    " I'm tempted to get the Collectors Edition from amazon if only for the sick Communicator Badge. Then if the game goes free to play I'll have made out like a bandit. But if not, I'll at least have a sick communicator badge. "
    do it, thats basically what i did and its worth it.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By KaosAngel

Can I activate on Steam?

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By melcene

Funny, I had just wrote about how this is one of my top disappointing games of the year.  The space battles were fun, though I felt that so much of the game was limited... they could have done more, could have done better.  Ah well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.