Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek

Franchise »

The popularity of the Star Trek television and film franchise has led to numerous games. The quality of the games have usually left a lot to be desired despite a large mod scene and community of loyal fans.

Noek hwtie pfdkao;w kwlv

Avatar image for deactivated-5b45500a95f79
    deactivated-5b45500a95f79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

delete

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By shirogane

Star Trek is set in our universe, in the future. Star Wars is set in our universe, in the PAST. 

Now which class star destroyer are you talking? Some of the more powerful ones are just insane. Then there's the Super Star Destroyers...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Shirogane: That is a good point but for argument's sake, lets say that the Star Wars galaxy still exists (time curves, lets take advantage).  I am not talking about the Star Dreadnought Executor.  I'm talking standard Star Destroyer, one that might be patrolling an outpost; where a meeting between the federation and the Empire would probably happen.
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By shirogane

That would be, the Imperial-I/II or the Victory I/II class probably. In that case, Galaxy class wins, definitely. Those Star Destroyers have some serious flaws and weaknesses that can be easily exploited. They also lack the firepower of the more powerful ones. 
    Here's a list of the insane number of types of Star Destroyers, just for reference. 

Actually, upon research, even those mass produced Star Destroyers are about double the size of a Galaxy, in length alone. No chance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are the Star Destroyers that I was referencing.  But  your link lacks specifics, what do you think is the key weakness is that will loss the battle?

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shirogane

Star Destroyers have certain spots that can be exploited easily, and are really vulnerable. 
    In quite a few of the movies, star destroyers get taken down by single fighters just crashing into wrong places. 
    Also, their shield generators seem to be huge targets. You know, those huge ball things above the bridge? 

I think they're also pretty vulnerable behind them, if you sit behind them, they shouldn't have any, if many weapons, that can fire on you, and you can take out their engines.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.