Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars Battlefront

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 17, 2015

Large-scale infantry Star Wars battles return in this reboot of the Star Wars: Battlefront series (from the studio behind the Battlefield series).

IGN No Review

OTTO14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

there are ads all over IGN right now but there is no review for the game does anyone else find this odd? and whats with them posting old movie trailers as new?

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I mean, it's obvious they are waiting for the check to cash. Everyone knows that.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@otto14

They are waiting for real-world, public multiplayer servers to be live - pretty standard for this style of game.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@otto14

They are waiting for real-world, public multiplayer servers to be live - pretty standard for this style of game.

This, They've been doing it that way for quite some time now. I want to say it all started with the whole SImCity debacle, but I might be wrong.

DougCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

there are smarter ways to spend marketing dollars for a game than trying to buy review scores, i would imagine.

Gigabomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gigabomber

Buying review scores would be a great way to secure funding for another game from a studio that cares about metacritic averages. GB crew talked about it once, and I got the impression it has never happened.

There are some perks, interviews, and advertising dollars that get thrown around, sure, but outright buying a review? No one can name a specific incident as far as I know.

None_Braver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There might not be any public incidents of it but with the way that companies rely on Metacritic, something along those lines has to happen.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By GERALTITUDE

IGN has delayed reviews for many games with multiplayer until real world servers could be tested.

As they should.

That's all there is to it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.