Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars Battlefront

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 17, 2015

Large-scale infantry Star Wars battles return in this reboot of the Star Wars: Battlefront series (from the studio behind the Battlefield series).

On sale, is it worth it?

Avatar image for jdizzlefoshizzle
    jdizzlefoshizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So Battlefront is half of on PSN right now. Are people still playing this game/is it worth it at the reduced price? With some time removed from its release how are people feeling about this game? For someone looking for a low key competitive shooter is it satisfying?

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bigsocrates  Online

People are definitely still playing on the Xbox One. I would assume PS4 too.

I thought it was a pretty good game, though it is less "low key" than it used to be since the people still playing are definitely higher in skill than they were at launch. It's still enjoyable in my opinion and if the main complaint is lack of content then the reduced price helps.

I think this game got a lot of unfair negativity from people who wanted a rehash of the original Battlefront games. Yes it's much shallower, but it's very pretty and full of lots of cool Star Wars references and moments, and fun enough to play for a few dozen hours. You have to take it for what it is but it's not bad by any means, and it's probably the most "pick up and play" of the big multiplayer shooters.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@jdizzlefoshizzle:

I like Battlefield games, Call of Duty games, Destiny PVP, and have enjoyed my time spent with both Overwatch and Battleborn. With that in mind, I found Battlefront to be the most overbearingly shallow and boring FPS that I've played in years. If you're able to do so, I'd strongly advise renting it, and seeing for yourself.

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Battlefield, and I love Star Wars. I bought this game. It's not worth it if only to speak with your wallet that making a game with less features and charging full price is a bad move. HELL NAW.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

It's a fun distraction if you are looking for something to play. is it deep? Nope. Does it have it's fair share of bull shit like every other shooter? Absolutely!

To me its all price point driven? 10 bucks. Fuck yeah just for the hero mode alone.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.