Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Game » consists of 34 releases. Released Sep 16, 2008

Set before the events of the original Star Wars trilogy, The Force Unleashed casts the player as Darth Vader's secret apprentice tasked with hunting down the last of the Jedi Order.

Am I the only one...

xboxer102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xboxer102

Am I the only one who still does not realize why light sabers don't kill people in one swing????? Come On!!! We have all seen the movies and in the movies the light sabers rape, but in every video game ever made it takes like 5 hits with a light saber to kill a person.  

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By lucas_kelly

Yeah, it doesn't really make much sense.

deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deskp

i think they should put the option in there,,,   but i guess it makes the ganeplay better or something

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By kush

I don't know that much about the game, but if you're fight against a lot of Jedi and one hit = a kill...that would mean if they hit you once it's a kill as well. I think designers just choose to make things a little less "realistic" so the game is more forgiving and more fun. You could say the same thing about Assassin's Creed. How could you take so much damage from a sword etc...

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pause422

Its pretty simple,difficulty and the way the game plays are the reason for it. If every single person died instantly when you hit them once the game would just be way too easy. Then again with the way the force powers are supposed to be in that game I guess it wouldn't be that big of a deal to get 1-hit kills.

I'm just a bit annoyed that you can't dismember people,they had it in the Jedi Knight games,and secondly- On top of it needing that,when you're playing as a Sith apprentice,I think the game should of been stepped up so you can decapitate people as well,since there is no blood from lightsaber wounds,I don't think decapitations would warrant an M rating.

Regardless the game still looks really fun to me,and i'll be picking it up.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By BiggerBomb

I have a strong feeling that this will be handled with a God of War-esque experience allocation tree. Ergo, the experience points you gather will be able to be spent in various skills. For instance 1,000 points can be given to the Force Lightning tree which will strengthen this skill or you could spend your 1,000 points in your lightsaber techniques, acquiring/improving fighting styles and strengthening or increasing the speed of your attacks.

I hope this is the case, using this type of skill system will allow players to play as they choose. This is also an efficient system which I wager the developers at LucasArts have considered and most probably implemented.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pause422

That would be a good system,I think it may be a bit different though, in one of the interviews I remember hearing you will "unlock" or "purchase" additional combo's as you advance in the game,so that kind of sounds a bit more like a devil may cry type thing.

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By HydraHam

Because if it was 1 hit kill in the video game, the game wouldn't be fun now would it? it would be like running around with the golden pistol in goldeneye with unlimited ammo

its like cheating.. its not fun at all.

Besides its like any game.. how come my 12 gauge shotgun doesnt kill someone in 1 shot to the face in 99.99% of fps games? because its a video game..

Link06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Link06

Video games aren't made to be realistic, they're made to be fun and entertaining. I get your drift but I'd rather not have one shot kills.

I'd also like to add that decapitating people would be sweet.
    NeoTheta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By NeoTheta

Yea. As others have said, if it was a one-hit kill, then there would be no challenge. Although, if you do think about it, it would be awesome if to make up for the one hit kill, they send hundreds of storm troopers at you at a time. XD THE CARNAGE!

solidphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By solidphoenix

It's a video game for goodness sake. From a gameplay standpoint 1-hit kills is not that interesting and won't create lasting gameplay value.
    Sure, it'd be more realistic with the world of Star Wars, but it'd be a pretty bad game, or at least a pretty boring game.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By TheHBK

Anyone ever play Jedi Knight 2?  That game had great light saber gameplay with one swipe kills.  It worked very well.

lakeport_abe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By lakeport_abe

call of duty has one hit kills and its challenging... you just have to make up for that with smart AI and loads of baddies

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Clean

yea I don't get it

Psytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Psytek

Lightsabers are not real, games are not real.

not real + not real =/= real.

Get over it.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By Lies
    TheHBK said:
    "Anyone ever play Jedi Knight 2?  That game had great light saber gameplay with one swipe kills.  It worked very well."
    Seriously, it seems that people ignore how PERFECTLY the last two Jedi knight games nailed Lightsaber combat when talking about the Force Unleashed. Jedi duels in Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy were ill (haha, it still doesn't sound right, damn east-coast hipsters).
    Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By Lies
    TheHBK said:
    "Anyone ever play Jedi Knight 2?  That game had great light saber gameplay with one swipe kills.  It worked very well."
    Seriously, it seems that people ignore how PERFECTLY the last two Jedi knight games nailed Lightsaber combat when talking about the Force Unleashed. Jedi duels in Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy were ill (haha, it still doesn't sound right, damn east-coast hipsters).

You'd think no one had ever made a Star Wars game before.
    Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18  Edited By Aaron_G

I have always wondered that as well.

MadBootsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By MadBootsy

Because 1 hit kills would make the game way too easy. Super powerful force powers AND a lightsaber that kills everything in one hit. Think about it.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RetroIce4

I don't know. You tell me...

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By papercut

T for teen

aarontex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By aarontex

It would be nice for someone to make a game that incorporated that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.