Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

High level PVP montage.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CL60

If you're interested in seeing high level(He's level 40) get this fast. It's on youtube and I'm sure wont last very long.

Hennet_sim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Hennet_sim

The Jedi Shadow seems strong.

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By matt

Awful obnoxious music... yep it's a montage!

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Beaudacious

I really want to like this game, but after watching the GW2 PvP it just looks so mediocre. For a second there i thought i was watching a rogue bg video. Chasing someone and waiting for cd's seems so silly when you think about active blocking, skill interplay, active dodging(so circle strafe will actually do something), changing environments, and in-depth teamwork skills. I really don't want to be that guy, but every time i can't help but compare. I think am gonna switch my pre-order to Skyrim : (. It's just too similar, replace that skin with a rogue skin and i swear i should be complaining about vanish still being borked.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hitchenson

You're in the beta, right? What's it like for exploration and just going around? 

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CL60

@Hitchenson said:

You're in the beta, right? What's it like for exploration and just going around?

Good, each planet has a bunch of collectibles that you can piece together, and make things with. Game is fairly linear though up until you get your space ship, but that's very early into the game.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hitchenson
    @CL60 said:

@Hitchenson said:

Good, each planet has a bunch of collectibles that you can piece together, and make things with. Game is fairly linear though up until you get your space ship, but that's very early into the game.

Sounds good. I hope I get into the beta at some point, really want to try it out.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CL60

@Hitchenson said:

@CL60 said:

@Hitchenson said:

Sounds good. I hope I get into the beta at some point, really want to try it out.

The collectibles aren't just "walk to a corner and pick it up" either, a lot of them are hidden, or you need to think to get them, or are at the top of a jumping puzzle.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hitchenson
    @CL60: That's coo'. I take it they're useful? 
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CL60

@Hitchenson said:

@CL60: That's coo'. I take it they're useful?

They add entries to your codex and permanently increase your stats a little bit.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By senorfuzzeh

I am honestly not a Huge PvP fan, esspically in RPGs. I feel like it becomes less about skill, and more about just leveling your character up the proper way to fight other players.

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BionicRadd

I could make the defacto "haha, looks like WoW" jokes, but I don't see that as a negative. If anything, it means I won't feel lost if I try to play it. I will definitely give it a whirl if they do a trial or I catch it on sale somewhere.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CL60

I'm really surprised EA hasn't taken down the video yet. It doesn't even have a random name. It is clearly labeled as TOR Jedi Shadow PVP.

zzzleepy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zzzleepy

Looks great! I still don't know what class I am going to play, like, at all... They're all too tempting!

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By cornbredx

Man, I can't wait for this. It's gonna be so awesome.

Good to know the class I've been wanting to play looks as bad ass as I was thinkin =)

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nadril

Think I'll pass. PvP doesn't look interesting enough to actually keep me in. In all honesty it looked pretty boring there. I'm assuming just another battleground/scenario/warfront/ect sort of thing huh. 

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By matt

@Nadril said:

Think I'll pass. PvP doesn't look interesting enough to actually keep me in. In all honesty it looked pretty boring there. I'm assuming just another battleground/scenario/warfront/ect sort of thing huh.

That's the same vibe I got from playing the PvP.

TribalPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By TribalPlague

I hate to say this but people who are not going to play the game or say you are not going t play it for X or Y reason make my day... This means I wont have to wait on queue lines. I'll be able to log in and enjoy the game without hassles.

If you are going to grief a game, hate it or criticize it when it hasn't launched yet, dont you think its a little bit unfair that they are in testing mode still and not with a finalized product? Granted the insight a beta provides should give you an idea of where the game is heading, but judging it to the point where you say you will not play it because pvp looks too bland or its WoW in space... its (without disrespecting anyone) kind of dumb to say.

I think this game deserves a break. When Blizzard first launched Vanilla WoW, a lot of people were against it, never the less the game was a hit. This is not a hinky dinky developer. This is Bioware and if you love their single player games, then give them a break to finish the damn game so you can play it. If it sucks then, it sucks or if its not for you, then move along and play something else.

Maurdakar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Maurdakar

Evidence. Its like troll repellent.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CL60

I guess they aren't deleting leaked footage anymore?

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#21  Edited By Brackynews

@CL60: As of this moment the vid is removed by EA.

Anyhoo, since I've got you in a reply notification, any suggestions for what my FIRST build should be tomorrow? :)

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Three0neFive

wtf thi sisnt a monotague were r the 360s fakies n noscopez? get this gay WOW shit outta here lmao

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CL60
    @Brackynews said:

@CL60: As of this moment the vid is removed by EA.

Anyhoo, since I've got you in a reply notification, any suggestions for what my FIRST build should be tomorrow? :)

What do you like doing?
    Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#24  Edited By Brackynews

@CL60: If I am soloing I like to have a good melee tank, but if I have pets I like to stay ranged. Mostly though, I'm curious if one class currently has a stronger "hit-the-ground-running" feel to the first few hours.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CL60
    @Brackynews said:

@CL60: If I am soloing I like to have a good melee tank, but if I have pets I like to stay ranged. Mostly though, I'm curious if one class currently has a stronger "hit-the-ground-running" feel to the first few hours.

Melee tanking would be Sith Juggernaut, or the Jedi Guardian. Sith Juggernaut is what I played up to level 35 in the beta.  For ranged the only classes I tried were a Jedi Sage, a gunslinger, and a sniper. the smuggler and imperial agent (gunslinger and sniper) are hard to get used to due to the cover mechanic. But I really liked the Jedi Sage. Everybody technically gets a pet in the form of a companion, so even as a tank you would have one. Out of everything I played, I thought the Sith Warrior was the best. Imperial Agent also started picking up, but the beta ended and I had to stop.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.