Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Huttball with PUGs is awful.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CL60

Hopefully people get less stupid as time goes on right now, but doing Huttball in a PUG is kind of annoying, too many people completely ignore the ball, or when you pass them the ball they walk the wrong direction, or don't even realize they have the ball somehow. Hell, there was a point where 3 people on my team stood on a fire trap and it killed them all. Has anybody tried it with a large group of coordinated people? Because it's just frustrating right now in a PUG.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

PUGS are always frustrating in every mmo no matter if your doing pvp or pve. I understand that sometimes you can't get a group of friends together but always avoid PUGS whenever possible.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TheMustacheHero

The notion of a deadly bounty hunter or jedi playing "huttball" is amusing and sad at the same time.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By CL60

@Irvandus said:

PUGS are always frustrating in every mmo no matter if your doing pvp or pve. I understand that sometimes you can't get a group of friends together but always avoid PUGS whenever possible.

This seems more frustrating to me, everybody just stands in the middle fighting. I'm sure it'll get better when people learn what to do though.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Eye of the storm.

All I'm gonna say about it.
    I played the pvp zone with the guns firing at the ship, that one is simple enough for everyone to understand, like Warsong Gulch in WoW.
    But really, pugs suck and I'm glad that most of the game's content is story driven solo content.

CornishRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By CornishRocker

Almost everything with PUGs is awful. How does one play huttball, anyway? Are rancors involved?

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By ImpendingFoil

I am not really a fan of any of the pvp zones so far, with huttball being my least favorite.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By breadfan

I was pretty pumped to try out some PvP stuff when I hit level 10, but then I got into Huttball and it was incredibly stupid.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Pinworm45

Are you republic or empire? Because republic is fucking retarded in this game. Absolute worst players I've ever seen. I can easily kill about 4 of them at a time as a bounty hunter.

@Breadfan
    said:

I was pretty pumped to try out some PvP stuff when I hit level 10, but then I got into Huttball and it was incredibly stupid.

The other zones are way better. Huttball is just silly, I consider it an introduction

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.