Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Let's Talk SW:TOR Warzones!

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Seppli

Starting to get into SW:TOR's matched instanced PvP elements. Playing more of it and more often. Thus far, I've played on 3 different Battlegrounds, I guess that's all there is for now. I find them all brilliant, especially Huttball is a keeper. Who would have thought that adding a pass system and multi-leveled environments with 'floodgated' bottlenecks would turn good old Capture the Flag into something special? In fact it's the first CTF mode in any game I like. A lot.

The Conquest map on Alderaan and the 'Plant the Bomb' objective driven map on a spacestation are a lot of fun too. The whole VO commentary aspect of it helps to get into it too. 'You are unbeatable!' So satisfying. Great stuff.

Do you guys like SW:TOR's matched instanced PvP or not? I like it a lot better than expected. Didn't plan to play any of it. These plans have changed.

P.S. Sorry for fogetting to link the poll to the game specific forum.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CL60

I don't like the imbalance between factions causing Hutball to show up the vast majority of the time.

Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Clinkz

@CL60 said:

I don't like the imbalance between factions causing Hutball to show up the vast majority of the time.

Whos the majority? The Empire?

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By adoggz

they seem pretty cool but they also seem to be underpopulated.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Marz

unless you like Huttball, it gets boring fast.

At least on our server were always playing Empire Vs Empire huttball.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By CL60

@Clinkz said:

@CL60 said:

Yup. Empire is the majority by a considerable amount on most servers.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By zeforgotten
    @CL60 said:

@Clinkz said:

@CL60 said:

Yup. Empire is the majority by a considerable amount on most servers.

Wish it was more balanced too. Huttball was fun for the first 100 times. 

Also, is it Hutball or Huttball? Can never remember 
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Seppli

Huttball definitely has the most depth to it by design. I guess I'm in luck then, liking Huttball like I do. And I dig fighting the own faction. I'm really glad there is such a thing as Huttball allowing same faction match-ups. Without it, we'd have to deal with much longer waiting times.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By zeforgotten
    @Seppli said:

Huttball definitely has the most depth to it by design. I guess I'm in luck then, liking Huttball like I do. And I dig fighting the own faction. I'm really glad there is such a thing as Huttball allowing same faction match-ups. Without it, we'd have to deal with much longer waiting times.

It's not that Huttball is bad but when it's the only thing happening on your server, it fucking sucks. 
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Seppli

@ZeForgotten said:

@Seppli said:

It's not that Huttball is bad but when it's the only thing happening on your server, it fucking sucks.

I'm quite lucky I guess with the situation on my server. It's like 50% Huttball and 50% the other two. Just the right mix. Apparently there'll be a free update with another warzone in a month or so. Are you queuing with a group or solo?

#ontopic

The secret to Huttball is to play the high ground, at least as a ranged character. Learning how to pass is of the utmost importance. Passing adds so much depth to it. From throwing the damn thing into a random corner when facing certain death, forcing a default ball respawn and keeping the pill out of the enemy's hands - up to real plays over multiple levels and past traps. It's simply brilliant.

I can definitely see me playing Huttball with a steady group of PvP'ers. There's lasting fun to be had with this one.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Haven't found many worthwhile players to play with, the warzones are kinda hit or miss depending on your group.

Alderaan has to be my fav, Huttball second, but only because you can so fuck up someone's ball run with the right knockbacks or stuns.
    Kicked in the sack right on top of the fire igniter, moments before it starts! Awesome!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.