Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

No new info on the legacy system discourages me from making alts.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CL60

Does anybody else feel this way? The legacy system says "Coming soon: Advance your Legacy and unlock unique Legacy Powers and Legacy Character Creation Options!" The part about advanced legacy character creation options part. Unless they let us change existing characters when we unlock those options, I feel hesitant on starting up any new alts. I don't want to get far on an alt only to have them announce that the legacy system will be offering new races, or new body types or something.

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By matt

I kinda feel the same way but I don't usually rolls alts anyway. I tend to stick on my main.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By joshwent

@CL60: I really think they mean character creation options specific to your legacy when your character gets there level-wise. Like if you have a super dark side character, you could eventually give them a real angry lookin face, or something. If they were talking about unlocking whole new races or even body types for alts, it would be WAY bigger news. Look at Blizzard pushing those fucking pandas.

So I'd say go ahead and get your alt on, and you'll get the cool unlocks when your alt gets there.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CL60

@joshwent said:

@CL60: I really think they mean character creation options specific to your legacy when your character gets there level-wise. Like if you have a super dark side character, you could eventually give them a real angry lookin face, or something. If they were talking about unlocking whole new races or even body types for alts, it would be WAY bigger news. Look at Blizzard pushing those fucking pandas.

So I'd say go ahead and get your alt on, and you'll get the cool unlocks when your alt gets there.

Sith corruption already exists as a toggle when you go dark. And it says character creation options. And legacy isn't character specific it's across all characters on the server. You only unlock it once, and the XP is shared across everybody.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By joshwent

@CL60: Well then, I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. But I feel like you should be less bummed about waiting to start a new character, and more excited at the possibility of new content this early in the game's life!

Check the actual TOR boards. I'm sure folks are figuring it out over there. Or at least endlessly arguing. ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.