Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

SWTOR Pricing.

• 56 results
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By RE_Player1

@Beaudacious: Looks like Gamestop in Canada is selling it for $59.99.

No Caption Provided
    Kaiji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Kaiji

These prices make it a little too obvious that they're trying to make as much money as possible before the game releases and everyone sees how bad it is.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Beaudacious
    @RE_Player92:  Thats good news, but in my anger i started looking over all the fall-holiday releases, and from Rage, Dead Island, Batman, Skyrim, X- Rebirth there would be way to many games i'd miss with the time required by SW:TOR. I'll barelly have enough time to play the mentioned games, i missed out on so many great games playing WoW.
    DEMONOLOGY_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By DEMONOLOGY_24

sometimes it sucks to be canadian. now if you excuse me I have to ride my moose to the grocery store
    Avatar image for white_silhouette
    White_Silhouette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By White_Silhouette

@DEMONOLOGY_24 said:

sometimes it sucks to be canadian. now if you excuse me I have to ride my moose to the grocery store

you must live in a city if you got a grocery store. we just have a hole in the ground filled with snow and dead beavers and seal cubs.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By Wuddel

@jozzy said:

I am really curious how the game will fare at those prices, is the hype for the game really that big? Most of the impressions I have gathered from beta players is that it's certainly a fun game, but very familiar mechanicly. This strategy seems to suggest that either they are not very confident in the long term appeal of this game, or that it just cost them way too much money to make and they need to recoup some fast.

I really have the same impression. It seems that Bioware "just" did his Bioware-thing x8 (for every class), but they might have failed to innovate on the MMO side. We do not know yet.

Actually I did some searching and the price span is ridiculous. The video games industry really has to figure out how to deal with currency conversion, since they are dealing with digital products mainly. Every other software product I buy with lets say my PayPal account, and I get a recent rate. I live in Switzerland and the prices range from 70 US-$ (physical copy from Amazon UK) over 115 US-$ (digital deluxe edition, I originally wanted to get that) up to 240 US-$ for the collectors edition.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.