Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars

Franchise »

Star Wars is a space fantasy film franchise that initially told the tale of Luke Skywalker and a rebellion's struggle against the evil Galactic Empire. It has spawned over one hundred games, six sequels/prequels and at least millions of different shirts, action figures and other merchandise.

Star Wars Battlefront and anyone attending SWC?

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BonOrbitz

Well, this is exciting news to me and other Star Wars fans: Star Wars Battlefront will be shown "in action" at next month's Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim, California, U.S. from 4/15-4/19. I'll be attending, so I'm looking forward to not having to wait until E3 to see actual gameplay (as well as another Force Awakens trailer!). The experience will be even better if the game is playable.

Hopefully, there'll be more concrete details about it too, since so many rumors are swirling about of playing all sides of the war from the prequels to the classic trilogy, inclusion of ground-to-space combat that was shown in leaked Battlefront III videos a few years ago, and a crazy amount of DLC centered around The Force Awakens.

It's going to be a great year for Star Wars. Are there any other duders attending Celebration? If so, anyone interested in a GB SWC meet-up during the show?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

That sounds awesome. I can't wait to see more of that game, top of my anticipated list after GTA:V for me this year.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Pretty excited to hear we will get some Battlefront news before E3.

Keirgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

My prediction, there will be lots and lots of explosions.

I look forward to it.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Lucky man. You couldn't have picked a better Celebration to attend between Abrams, lots of the OT crew and this. I am dying for info since in the year since e3 we've had literally one piece of concept art.

When all the devs on twitter started teasing "soon" at once I had hoped for something more than a date but oh well. I've waited this long.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BonOrbitz

@hayt said:

Lucky man. You couldn't have picked a better Celebration to attend between Abrams, lots of the OT crew and this. I am dying for info since in the year since e3 we've had literally one piece of concept art.

When all the devs on twitter started teasing "soon" at once I had hoped for something more than a date but oh well. I've waited this long.

I thought the same thing too since Ep VII is coming out this year, so we bit the bullet and bought tix and airfare. I haven't been to a Star Wars Celebration since the first one in April of 1999 so this will be a pretty exciting experience. Thankfully, I won't have to stand in the rain for nine hours combined again, so that's another reason to be excited. If I remember, I'll be sure to post my thoughts and experiences from the show in this thread!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.