Blizzard Teasing New Units

#1 Edited by CountMacula (231 posts) -

So Blizzard have started teasing new units over on their Facebook page. First up is a silhouette of the Terran unit, with silhouettes for the Zerg & Protoss units coming soon. Presumably these units will be revealed at Blizzcon?

Here's the unit:

New Terrain Unit Teaser

So what do we think it will be? Personally I'm thinking some sort of hellion transformation based on the wheels on the legs and what appears to be a flamethrower on top.

Edit: Totally forgot to add the Zerg Unit:

New Zerg Unit Teaser

Edit2: Here's the Protoss unit:

New Protoss Unit Teaser
#2 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -
#3 Posted by Hameyadea (350 posts) -

@Vegsen said:

Confirmed!

#4 Posted by mano521 (1232 posts) -

@Hameyadea said:

@Vegsen said:

Confirmed!

let the cries of "terran is op" commence.

now more than ever

#5 Posted by CountMacula (231 posts) -

@Vegsen said:

Well they've got my money

#6 Posted by Spectreman (232 posts) -

I already see Idra complaining.

#7 Posted by groin (860 posts) -

It's a Super Mule which can attack with blue flames. It can called down for 10 energy instead of 50.

#8 Posted by TehFlan (1928 posts) -
@Vegsen said:
Perfect.
#9 Posted by Rayeth (1071 posts) -

The photo edits in the team liquid thread on this are amazing. Shamelessly stolen from MrHoon on teamliquid.

Clearly it is Banjo-Kazooie.

#10 Posted by Ben_H (3430 posts) -

@Rayeth said:

The photo edits in the team liquid thread on this are amazing. Shamelessly stolen from MrHoon on teamliquid.

Clearly it is Banjo-Kazooie.

I said it on the TL thread and I'll say it again: Banjo-Kazooie jump attacking a battlecruiser would be the coolest thing ever.

Hopefully whatever this is replaces the marauder and is built at the factory, like the marauder originally was supposed to be in the alpha. That unit breaks Terran and doesn't feel like a Terran unit. It goes against the idea of Terran from SC1, which is either slow, methodical pushes with powerful, yet vulnerable units like siege tanks backed up by cheaper mech units, or harrassment with marine/medic drops. The marauder is neither, it is fast, powerful and hard to kill. A unit should only have two out of those 3 traits at most.

#11 Posted by CountMacula (231 posts) -

Has probably been said before, but if you look at the icon for the counter proof achievement it looks exactly like the silhouette for the Terran unit:

#12 Posted by TheJappernaut (124 posts) -

Tomorrow is going to be the Protoss unit right? I'm excited, I'll post it as soon as it shows up on Facebook.

#13 Posted by TheJappernaut (124 posts) -

Here it is, it looks like a stargate unit. Looking forward to blizzcon to find out what it is going to do.

#14 Edited by Panpipe (477 posts) -

I'm actually a little excited about all of this.

Not a mega-fan, but I've watched my fair share of SC2 games, and I know how much it'll change the game having new units. Didn't expect a new Terran unit though.

EDIT: Are people suggesting Lurkers as the new Zerg unit? Looks a tiny bit like this:

#15 Posted by lord_canti (1522 posts) -

@TheJappernaut said:

Here it is, it looks like a stargate unit. Looking forward to blizzcon to find out what it is going to do.

my guess is a new type of batarang

#16 Posted by TheJappernaut (124 posts) -

@lord_canti said:

@TheJappernaut said:

my guess is a new type of batarang

So you're saying that Protoss is going to be imbalanced when heart of the swarm comes out?

#17 Edited by GS_Dan (1397 posts) -
#18 Edited by CountMacula (231 posts) -

Is that lightning ball in the middle of the Protoss teaser part of the unit or the background?

#19 Posted by TheJappernaut (124 posts) -

I think it's a lightning ball. I think it kind of looks like a smaller version of Zeratul's ship, the void seeker I believe its called.

#20 Posted by CountMacula (231 posts) -

I think Zeratul's ship looks a bit more like the Jedi Knight 2 logo especially the way it lands vertically. Zerg creature looks a lot like the silithid scarabs from WoW.

#21 Posted by TheJappernaut (124 posts) -

But the teaser and Zerathul's ship do share that lightning thing in the middle.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.