Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Anyone else seeing the imbalance in GSL March?

kingofpeanuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By kingofpeanuts

Here is the round of 8 matches. 
    Group 1 
    oGsMC vs HongUnPrime.WE 
    ST_July vs oGsNada 
    Group 2 
    sanZenith vs sCfOu 
    FOXLyn vs anyproPrime.WE 

Anyone else see what is wrong here. Looks like a repeat of GSL 3 finals coming. 

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Ben_H  Online

I don't really see what you're saying.  At least each race is represented this time around, unlike the last GSL where it was pure Terran.  Every player who is in the top 8 deserves to be there.  MC is still god-tier, HongUn is scrappy but he can win with it, July is a macro beast, NaDa is solid, san has turned god-tier, SC played quite well, as did Lyn and anypro.  I see no issues with the top 8 this time around, no cheesers got in. 

If you're issue is with MC, then it's too bad.  It's been said for a long time he is the best Protoss in the world and as soon as MVP and Nestea were out, it was said that it would be MC's GSL unless he somehow loses early on.  However, the winner of July vs NaDa also has a pretty good chance of winning.  San or Lyn may have a chance, as they both have improved a ton.

Nothing is really imbalanced right now, it's mostly metagame stuff.  The new patch will do far more harm than good.  Stim seemed to powerful because early stim pushes were in for a while.  Now we know how to deal with them so it isn't a big deal.  Same with Storm, it dominated Terrans for a while, but now they know to bring ghosts.  Colossi deathballs were (and still to a point are) popular in PvZ, but now zergs know to pump corrupters when they see colossi building and quickly tech to broodlords after to force the Protoss into acting or risk getting nibbled to death..

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By csl316
    @Ben_H said:
    " I don't really see what you're saying.  At least each race is represented this time around, unlike the last GSL where it was pure Terran.  Every player who is in the top 8 deserves to be there.  MC is still god-tier, HongUn is scrappy but he can win with it, July is a macro beast, NaDa is solid, san has turned god-tier, SC played quite well, as did Lyn and anypro. "
    That's a damn accurate sum up of everyone, actually.  Still not sold on san being amazing (until we see some consistency for a few seasons).  But I will admit he's been damn impressive this month.
    wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By wunder_

. . . Yup, 4 toss 3 Terran and 1 Zerg. Totes imbalanced

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Ineedaname

I want San to win, but for giggles, I want him to cannon rush his own expansion and then still win it.

I think he hustled everyone to think he was bad.

kingofpeanuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By kingofpeanuts

I am talking about skill level not races. Group 1 kills Groups 2

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By haffy

Just how tornaments work. If it was made any other way other than making it random it would be open to some sort of cheating.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By wunder_

How the fuck is anypro in the Round of 8, that's what I want to know.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By wunder_

Sorry for the double post; but the OP is pretty silly. Finals will still probably be July vs MC.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Winternet

Well, in my opinion, and I don't know if that's part of GOM plans, they should start seeding players, instead of being the players choosing who they want to play against. That way we don't have a group with MC, July and MVP and then a total bracket with Nestea and 15 other players.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Ineedaname

I don't think it's an issue, I think it's more an problem with the players consistency, if all of the favourites had gotten through the balance wouldn't be as questionable, you'd have Nestea, Boxer and MarineKing.

pigmartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pigmartyr
    @Wunder_:@Wunder_ said:
    " Sorry for the double post; but the OP is pretty silly. Finals will still probably be July vs MC. "
    This
    koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By koolaid

It's a crazy season... so many big names getting out early.  Is this a fluke... or a sign of things to come?   I'm also bummed about Jinro, seeing a MC v. Jinro rematch would have been nerd heaven.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.