Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Blizzard charging for battle.net isnt as bad as I thought it was

Moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Moon
    KiddSushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By KiddSushi

I guess even Blizzard isn't immune to greed. I wonder if this has anything to do with them joining up with Activision.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#3  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Wait... I read that link and at no point did I read anything about a charge for a battlenet account.  Did I miss something?

HelixSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HelixSnake
    Moon said:
    "Sparky_Buzzsaw said:
    "Wait... I read that link and at no point did I read anything about a charge for a battlenet account.  Did I miss something?"
    Yeah you missed the first sentence."
    "With all of the early copies of Wrath of the Lich King going around, people jumping in with early installations are finding some interesting things. Reader Emil J. wrote in to tell us about a message WoW-Europe displayed when they looked at the account upgrade page."?
    KiddSushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By KiddSushi
    Sparky_Buzzsaw said:
    "Wait... I read that link and at no point did I read anything about a charge for a battlenet account.  Did I miss something?"
    Yeah, it doesn't say anything about charging to have a Battle.net account. Just that all three games will share an account...
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#6  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw
    KiddSushi said:
    "Sparky_Buzzsaw said:
    Yeah, it doesn't say anything about charging to have a Battle.net account. Just that all three games will share an account..."

That's the way I understood it too.  Moon, the way I'm interpreting this is that Blizzard is utilizing their battle.net system for all account management for their games - it doesn't state that there will be any fee associated with Battle.net itself beyond the typical charges for WoW.  So, essentially, think of Battle.net as just a central hub for Blizzard games.
    HelixSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HelixSnake
    Moon said:
    "yeah which means youll have to pay 15 dollars a month.. use common SENSE!"

You're pretty annoying.
    Hdfisise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hdfisise

Moon just because you share an account for everything doesn;t mean they will charge you for SC2 and diablo 3. It just means that when you buy SC2 you can log on to diablo 3 with the same account making it infinitely simpler.

Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Psynapse

Hdfisise said:

"Moon just because you share an account for everything doesn;t mean they will charge you for SC2 and diablo 3. It just means that when you buy SC2 you can log on to diablo 3 with the same account making it infinitely simpler."

Thats exactly right, they won't charge for battle.net, SC2 and Diablo 3 games will be free to make accounts, but you can link them both together, and/or with a wow account, and you'll only be paying for the wow account. If blizzard charged for SC2 and Diablo 3 online i would so not buy it.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Wait, so I'd assume $15 per month if you just want Starcraft 2 and Diablo 2 like me?
    Fuck that up the ass. 

That's $180 per year.  XBL is $50 for 13 months but you can find it for $40 and it covers all games.
    This is rediculous.

That's how I interpreted it after reading it.  At the very least we know there's a fee for SC2 and D3

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hexpane

Loved diablo, loved it.  But I HATE the look of DIablo 3, HATE IT

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PureRok
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "

Wait, so I'd assume $15 per month if you just want Starcraft 2 and Diablo 2 like me?
    Fuck that up the ass. 

That's $180 per year.  XBL is $50 for 13 months but you can find it for $40 and it covers all games.
    This is rediculous.

That's how I interpreted it after reading it.  At the very least we know there's a fee for SC2 and D3

"
    There isn't a fee for playing SC2 or D3 online. Blizzard already said in one of their press releases that they want to keep B.net free for those two (no source, sorry. It was a few months ago). You just share an account between the three games (SC2, D3, WoW), and the only one you pay for is WoW (if you subscribe).
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pause422

Charging for any online in a game on a PC is already the dumbest thing to ever exist, even in mmo's but we grow to figure that's a given at this point.....but yeah, Blizzard is losing their way imo, and I'm not following.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

If Blizzard decides to make us pay for a feature that was always free, they have lost there magical touch.

Avatar image for fire_marshall_bill
    Fire_Marshall_Bill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

two questions, if they've already been ridiculously successful the first time around by it being free, why change.  2) who is so stupid to be paying more money to be playing a game they already bought, i think i understand the xbox 360 side, it weeds out the jerks (i think),  but c'mon how much money do you have to be pissing away on games.

well i hope they don't charge, they'll make enough on sales, if they wanna make more money, just make episodic content

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By Snail
    Fire_Marshall_Bill said:
    "two questions, if they've already been ridiculously successful the first time around by it being free, why change.  2) who is so stupid to be paying more money to be playing a game they already bought, i think i understand the xbox 360 side, it weeds out the jerks (i think),  but c'mon how much money do you have to be pissing away on games.

well i hope they don't charge, they'll make enough on sales, if they wanna make more money, just make episodic content"

HEY! IT'S BILL BURNS!

Fade2Gray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Fade2Gray

These threads seem to degrade pretty rapidly once people stop reading any of the posts before theirs...

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Buscemi
    KiddSushi said:
    "I guess even Blizzard isn't immune to greed. I wonder if this has anything to do with them joining up with Activision."
    Your kidding right? After EA Blizzard is the greediest people on the planet. Not even Microsoft can match them.
    Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hexpane

I don't pay for purple gayness.  There is plenty of free purple gayness here in San Francisco. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.