Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

GSL Finals Reaction and the Joy of E-Sports

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TruthTellah

Un-be-lievable.

LG IMMvp vs StarTale Squirtle.

I won't ruin the outcome for those who will go check out the Videos on Demand on www.gomtv.net , but, needless to say, I am blown away.

I just stayed up to watch the most amazing Finals of the highest level tournament in the game, set in a big stadium in South Korea. The GSL Code S Season 2 Finals. It was like some kind of insane Super Bowl tonight, and the games I saw blew my mind. I have watched big SCII tournaments before, but tonight really stood out. I have even seen GSL Finals before, but nothing prepared me for the games I was going to see in this match.

If SCII truly interests you, I can't recommend enough looking into watching professional StarCraft II matches, particularly the GSL. Sure they're late at night for many, but when you catch some big matches, it is worth it in every possible way. Tonight was full of amazing stuff that had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. I have still got chills over those final games.

Sometimes sports can really be great. And SCII taps into a vein of tension and excitement that simply can't be beat.

What an absolute and utter joy.

How about you guys and gals? What did you think of those games, particularly the one hour long epic? Isn't E-Sports really something special sometimes?

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Vexxan

Probably the best final to date, glad to see the one-sided finals gone, hopefully never to return.

Game 5 was crazy.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By csl316

The GSL finals have been on a pretty decent streak lately, hurrah.

I haven't seen these games yet, but Artosis posted a big spoiler on his Facebook/Twitter with the comments spoiling it even more. Sure as hell sounds awesome.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Bollard

Man I'd so love to watch the GSL. Just need the money for it.

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By baldgye

Game 5 was, the best game of sc2 ever played... it sucks that it ended with a cheese.. but what ever.. amazing finals

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By SerHulse

@baldgye: I thought even that game was tense, there was one point it could have gone either way, though at the same time:

You can't blame MVP for cheesing, he lost the last 3 games spectacularly, Squirtle had momentum and on a more Protoss friendly map, it isn't any wonder really.

And Game 5 was fucking amazing, my heart was thumping, I've never been as invested in any "real" sport than I was at that point, that sort of "Super-late Game" is always awesome to watch.

I have to admit, I was on the fence about buying the next seasons ticket, but as the finals were happening I was like: "Fuck it, here's my money!"

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By baldgye

yeah you can't blame him for doing it, and it was exciting but as a P player watching that was painful

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.