Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

How should I ease back into SC2?

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Nephrahim

So, I just today had my new keyboard delivered, and I'm really excited t o be able to play SC2 again...  but I'm also terrified.  It's been nearly a month since I last played, and I'm worried I'll just get stomped all day long if I jump in. 

I'm thinking of watching some Day 9 dailies I've been skipping, maybe warm up with a custom game.  Or should I just go cold turkey and start laddering again?

thejamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By thejamster

yeah! day[9] is always an inspiration for me to play.  I watch one of his more educational dailies and then just focus on core aspects of play in ladder matches and it's super fun.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#3  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @SamDrugbringer: I'd do a few warm ups with a friend, either sparring 1v1s or doing some 2v2s together.
    wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By wchigo

I would also recommend the warm-up route. I hadn't played a game of MP SC2 in like the two weeks leading up to the last GB tourney (was intent on beating campaign on brutal) and while I did a couple vs AI games just to refresh myself on my build orders and such, I was still SUPER rusty when it came time for me to play my games.

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By LackLuster

I would just start laddering again, but i'm not really concerned about my win/loss since I want to be playing people at my skill level anyways thats just me.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By StaticFalconar

Just do some customs games. They don;t count at all so even  if you get stomped it don't matter. 

MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MOLE

Hmmmm

Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
    deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Nice and quiet and stealthy...like an Eluphant.
    tophar01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By tophar01

Just play. If you go on the ladders and you get your ass kicked because your making mistakes, then maybe go back and practice a little. If its just because everyone has gotten better or doing new and different things, then just keep going

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By shirogane

Just jump straight in! It should still be the same. Cept maybe those damn patch changes. Urgh...damn...patches. They messed me up real good for a while.
    irishjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By irishjohn

I had the same experience and I just played a custom game against the AI a few times. It was horrifying (and I'm down in Silver, so my skills didn't even have that far to drop!) It helped though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.