Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

i do not understand this

SoulPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SoulPunisher

im not very good, ranked 63 in bronze, but i win 6 in a row, have 12 points(2 for each win) and lose 1 match and lose all 12 points...WTF, how does that make sense??
    MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MrGetBonus

Prolly beat some shitty people and then lost to a shitty person.

leburgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By leburgan
    @SoulPunisher: Did you have your placement matches? If so that would explain it.
    Otherwise it comes down to strength of opposition, and if they are "better" you get more points for beating them, and if they are "worse" then you lose more points for losing.
    DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By DoctorWelch

It doesnt dude, the ranking system is so fucked up its not even funny. Also, heres a kicker, that number you are seeing as your "score" actually means nothing.

SoulPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SoulPunisher

well, i beat people that are "favored" over me, and sometimes get no points, and then beat people that im "favored" over get points, but lose to anyone favored or not, and lose all my points no matter what, so what do i have to do, never EVER lose a game to keep moving up lol, its redunkulous
    endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By endless_void

if you're in bronze, tbh ranking doesn't really matter that much anyway. Everyone has lost a good number of matches at some point. Just focus on getting macro up and focus moreso on production of units/resources than specific strategies. I guarantee you if you do that, it'll carry you to gold very quick.

SoulPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SoulPunisher

ive been doing that, sometimes i even have 3 expansions before they even have their first up, and im producing corruptors and broodlords before they even try to attack me once, and i dominate with that, but like i said, 1 loss and all my points go bye bye, and im back to zero and back to rank 66 or 65, when i had a 6 or 7 win streak going on..very frustrating
    SoulPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SoulPunisher

yeah i did my placement matches, but even if i lose to someone who is "better" than me i lose all my points, down to zero, no matter what, so basically i can never lose a match no matter how many points i have no matter how much better my opponent is, or im back to zero, its bullshit 

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By audiosnag

I'm not even gonna try to pretend i understand the ranking system. I've given up.

SoulPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SoulPunisher

@auidiosnag 
    yeah, i hear that, they must have some skitzo in a padded room doing algorhythms for them or something, guess i just have to win 10,000 in a row without losing 1 to get ahead
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#11  Edited By StarvingGamer

Every time I read one of these threads I wonder wtf game is everyone else playing?  Whenever my opponent is favored I gain more, lose less, and vice versa when I'm favored.  I've been playing this game since the beginning of the beta and never once can I recall that not being the case.

I don't know, maybe Blizzard just hates Bronzers?

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By benpack
    @audiosnag said:
    " I'm not even gonna try to pretend i understand the ranking system. I've given up. "
    Thats how I feel.
    asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By asurastrike

Starcraft seems like a chore.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By mylifeforAiur

I leave all the playing to the good Starcraft players........I'll just watch^^

ekajarmstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ekajarmstro

When the game first came out there was a glitch where you barely got points for winning. If you are playing favored opponents and not getting points that might be the case. Check the battle.net support forums.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By sjupp
    @StarvingGamer said:
    " Every time I read one of these threads I wonder wtf game is everyone else playing?  Whenever my opponent is favored I gain more, lose less, and vice versa when I'm favored.  I've been playing this game since the beginning of the beta and never once can I recall that not being the case.  I don't know, maybe Blizzard just hates Bronzers? "
    This. It seems easy as shit to understand. And shit is pretty understandable.
    Entus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Entus
    @StarvingGamer said:
    " Every time I read one of these threads I wonder wtf game is everyone else playing?  Whenever my opponent is favored I gain more, lose less, and vice versa when I'm favored.  I've been playing this game since the beginning of the beta and never once can I recall that not being the case.  I don't know, maybe Blizzard just hates Bronzers? "
    Well they did say that there were problem with match-making in the lower rankings.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.