Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

I used Chargelot/archon before it was cool

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Cataphract1014

I had been doing that vs terran for a while.  3/3 zealots eat marines and marauders.  LIke 90% of the terran I play as well make blind Vikings as well.

I haven't tried phoenix in PvT though.

Shibbxyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Shibbxyz

pheonix need to be used more in PvT as picking off reinforcements becomes so easy and you can snipe ghosts while you build up that zealot archon ball and you have complete map control from drops and such 

all though puma proved you can still drop someone with pheonix :P

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By raiz265

penix imba

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By tebbit

I used reaper rushes before they were hated, i.e. in the first 3 days of the public beta.

Then it was all downhill.

@Shibbxyz: Puma really busted some fools today. I found myself watching a livesteam literally out of nowhere.

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By baldgye

I've yet to get to the mid/lategame in a PvT... and every bastard gold/plat terran just goes MM so collosus are just silly good with blink stalkers and zelots...

...though if they go seigh tank mm get phonex... and a large gameway army with charglots.. and when u attack lift all his tanks and watch his army get raped faster than he can ragequit

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Ben_H

I've used chargelot/archon since before the buff in both PvT and PvZ (as in back in January or so.  I haven't built a colossus before the 20 minute mark in 2011). If you forcefield they die no matter what, buff or not.  After the buff I didn't lose a PvT for over a month until that guy introduced the 3rax before OC garbage build.  Then I quit laddering with protoss for a while and learned how to macro better as all 3 races (My zerg is better than my Protoss now.  And probably my Terran too.  I find them both more fun.  Especially Terran).  But now I'm back to my 2gate-roboing ways in all matchups and stomping everyone with macro again.  It is quite satisfying.  All the zergs I've played expect me to all-in (because 95% of protoss do that because they suck.  I often see 4-5 spines built when my obs gets to their base just because it is expected for me to all-in) so when I play super safe and macro focused they seem to fall apart since I can deny all econ damage.

People need to realize armour upgraded chargelots are one of the best units in the game (attack upgrade doesn't matter.  THEY DON'T DIE).  Marine/marauder?  With forcefields or a small space chargelots stomp that.  Hydra/Ling busts?  Chargelots are decent against that too (good luck running your hydras away).  Blink stalkers or stalker/immortal?  Chargelots kill that easy.  Marine tank?  Chargelots  kill that (they force splash damage no matter what and if the marines retreat  to dodge splash they just charge into the tanks, and are even more potent with HTs and archons)If you spread them out they demolish everything. 

Phoenix/Colossus with sentries and zealots was downright broken before Terrans smartened up and learned to target the phoenixes with marines and vikings instead of a-moving their stimmed units and dying as all their medivacs and vikings die to phoenixes in record time, leaving a bunch of damaged marines against 3/3 zealots and colossi (double forge was always my starter.  If I didn't see vikings I didn't even bother with phoenixes as I could just win with gateway units and colossi.  Oh back around 8 months ago, what a boring time.  Colossus here, colossus there, colossus EVERYWHERE.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By wunder_

Toss imba

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By csl316

hipster nerds.

any word on the next patch, if it's even necessary? seems like it's been a while, compared to how quick they were coming earlier in the year.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @csl316 said:

hipster nerds.

any word on the next patch, if it's even necessary? seems like it's been a while, compared to how quick they were coming earlier in the year.

The next patch is up on the PTR.  Mostly bug fixes, and the testing of new maps for season 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.