Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Laddering Points Question

ramboknife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By ramboknife

Hey, did a google search and couldn't find any information about my thread question. So, I thought I'd ask you guys here. I posted a thread a little while back about when I dropped from Gold to Silver, and today I got put BACK into the Gold league. Cool. Anyways, my question: While I was in the Silver league, I had something like, 1300 points. However, now that I'm in the Gold league, I only have around 1000. Why did I lose 300 points randomly? Do they do this to force you to climb the rankings again?  Kind of seems odd to almost punish the player by taking their hard earned points away.

Thanks.  

Avaren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Avaren

Points are only relative to other people in your league, so when switching leagues, keeping the same point count would be pretty irresponsible on the part of the ladder.  Gaining and losing points relative to your league-mates is what really positions you within a league.  Or so I believe :]

ramboknife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By ramboknife
    @Avaren:
    Hm, I believe you're correct...my rank position on the ladder stayed the same, so I guess they had to change my points to be able to fit from being 19th in one division to the next. Thanks for the response.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.