Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Mass Ravens? WTF?!

pigmartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pigmartyr

So i've seen alot of terrans recently going mass ravens and wow that strat is just ridiculous. I mean Terrans have always been pretty good with marine siege tank builds, but talk about some versatility when it comes to being able to drop 30 turrets and run away losing no units in the process only to come back in a minute and do it again. Oh you have ground units trying to attack air? How bout a multiple HSM to ruin your day. Shockingly effective and ridiculously infuriating to face I was just wondering if anyone had an effective way to combat fast raven play?

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wefwefasdf

Huh. I would like to see a replay of someone doing that. Sounds interesting...

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Turambar
    @pigmartyr said:
    " So i've seen alot of terrans recently going mass ravens and wow that strat is just ridiculous. I mean Terrans have always been pretty good with marine siege tank builds, but talk about some versatility when it comes to being able to drop 30 turrets and run away losing no units in the process only to come back in a minute and do it again. Oh you have ground units trying to attack air? How bout a multiple HSM to ruin your day. Shockingly effective and ridiculously infuriating to face I was just wondering if anyone had an effective way to combat fast raven play? "
    Just go fucking kill him with the standard minute 7-8 push.  He will have but a paltry army if he's actually rushing for ravens. 
    IcySandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By IcySandman

Huh, someone tried to do that but they only had like 10-15 ravens in a 3v3, my MMM+Vikings ruined his plans.  It doesn't work very well TVT if the other terran has the sense to build stim marines or vikings..

KyleBaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KyleBaron

I went Zerg in Steppes of War against a Terran who added mass ravens (mass as in between 6-8 of them) to his MMT balls. It's tough as hell to get into the typical zvt contain-and-out-harvest strategy against. All those turrets, HSMs, and point defense drones tear mutas and corrupters to shreds.

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By canucks23

I have a friend who was on a mass ravens kick for a while. It was always funny to see him do in a team game when he'd basically roll in a base, drop all his turrets and then roll out. The base was basically gone just from that.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By imsh_pl

1.Replay
    2.If you let him go mass ravens then shame on you, you should've just killed him
    3.Replay
    4.If you're toss, go ht's, if you're zerg - go speedlings 
    5.REPLAY

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By m1k3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.