Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Mass reapers early on?

LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By LegalBagel

After the IEM tournament last week that had Morrow completely dominate some supposedly superior Zerg players with mass reapers early, it seems there's been a lot of talk about reapers being imbalanced early on versus Zerg. The theory is that 8+ reapers can defeat any amount of lings or roach if you control them well, and if you can do some harass, kill some queens or an expansion and transition well into the mid-game you end up with a huge advantage.

Though I don't know if I've seen it work well in practice.  You need careful use of the reapers and it's easy to lose them without doing damage or be defended by some fast lings or roaches on creep if you misclick.  And balancing with macro and expanding with that careful control usually doesn't work, so if you don't do a ton of damage, you end up well behind if Zerg makes it to mutas.

So has anyone else seen a ton of reapers the last few days?  I've seen people trying them out, but none working out that well.

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Feanor

Reapers are never a real problem if you scout. When I see a tech lab and a couple refineries, I immediately start building photon cannons around my economy. Buy the time they get there I have a proper defense built and he is fucked because he has built so many shit units.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @Feanor said:
    " Reapers are never a real problem if you scout. When I see a tech lab and a couple refineries, I immediately start building photon cannons around my economy. Buy the time they get there I have a proper defense built and he is fucked because he has built so many shit units. "
    Two problems wrong right there: one, poster said the mass reaper is overpowered against the zerg, so your whole build some cannons ain't helping anybody. Two, this was a pro match where shit was scouted out and the zerg player still lost. Here's a reference to teh game the poster was talking about.  

and here's part 2. 

Here's the next game where scouting turns out to backfire as Pros will only let you see what they want you to see.  

Zerg needs a buff of some kind unless people are content on playing SC2 with just two races. 
    LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LegalBagel
    @StaticFalconar:  Yeah, that's the series.  I agree that Zerg probably needs some sort of early game buff with how things have been shaking out, but I wonder if people are reading too much into that series.  Marrow played really well both in controlling the reapers and in macroing in the background and Idra surprisingly faltered at times.  For example in the third place match Tarson tried the same type of heavy reaper play at points and it backfired terribly when he lost reapers or was defended. 

From what I've seen, people have been trying to copy Marrow's strategy, but I haven't seen nearly as much success, especially for lower level players that have more trouble balancing micro/macro.
    Nusse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Nusse

The problem is that early game ZvT and late game ZvP is very hard for zerg at the moment, so what are they going to buff? 

But as a terran I would be ok with just removing the reaper. Don't really see any fix for it coming, as they would have to give it some late game upgrade if they nerf it. 

Edit: This is what all top Korean terrans do apparently also.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @Deathpooky: I agree, its not so much Terran OP but rather Zerg too weak.
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Turambar

The problem here isn't so much with Zerg, but more with Idra as far as the reaper domination goes.  If people are familiar with his play style, you know that Idra's worst enemy is his inability to deal with really good micro.  He loves macro, and is a stubborn player that tries to stick with a strategy for as long as possible even if it's a failing one.

Nusse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nusse

The muta hold micro is kinda insane too, if used well I have heard only stimed marines counter them. Idra used it against Tarson in that tournament.

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Rayeth
    @Turambar: That is simply not true.

I agree that he is often slow to adapt, but saying that he has trouble with micro is not the issue.  He has some fantastic micro in some games, using roaches to take out tanks or even in that same series (IdrA v MorroW) there is a game 2 where (SPOILERS!!!!)  IdrA stops the reaper push with good roach micro.    Anyhow, I'm just trying to point out that while IdrA does seem like a stubborn player, it is because he has literally tried everything under the sun before and found that to work best.  The dude plays an almost inhuman amount.  It would be silly to think he hasn't seen most of this stuff before.

The issue really is IMO that maps that are being played at these tournaments and on the ladder at the moment.  Kulas Ravine for all the hate it gets about the cliffs does have the nice feature of no ramps into the main.  This is something that I wish more maps had.  Reapers are just a very very strong opening on any map with a large main (where Zerg cannot spread creep to all of it quickly) and a cliff entrance to the main as well.  The Z simply has no way to surround that many reapers without the creep support and the lings will just die too fast.  Hence the need for roach speed.   And so on.  
    Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Nephrahim

You're both right, kinda. 

It's true, a lot of players tend to favor proxy and all ins toward Idra, because he does have some trouble with it.  It's not that he can't defend it (Because he can.  He wouldn't be in so many finals if he was not) but if you manage to shake him in one game, he sometimes throws the entire set.  You can see it happen a bunch of times.   He defiently wants to play a big macro game, not an 8 min all in defense. 

Anyway, that all said, Reapers are a hard unit to balance.  They're useless in late game, but great in the early.  Honestly, even though I think they're AWESOME, I kind of wish blizz had never put them in.  I think the Terran game is fine without them.

Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Semition
    @SamDrugbringer said:

" You're both right, kinda.  It's true, a lot of players tend to favor proxy and all ins toward Idra, because he does have some trouble with it.  It's not that he can't defend it (Because he can.  He wouldn't be in so many finals if he was not) but if you manage to shake him in one game, he sometimes throws the entire set.  You can see it happen a bunch of times.   He defiently wants to play a big macro game, not an 8 min all in defense. "

The reaper strategy used at the IEM was far from being an all-in, which is what makes it so powerful. Terran can apply SO much pressure on the Zerg and force him to make roaches or other defense, while the terran gains complete map control and has tons of tech options to choose from.

@SamDrugbringer

said:

"Anyway, that all said, Reapers are a hard unit to balance.  They're useless in late game, but great in the early.  Honestly, even though I think they're AWESOME, I kind of wish blizz had never put them in.  I think the Terran game is fine without them. "

I agree 100%.
    Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @Feanor: 

8 Reapers attacking can one shot a cannon.  All the cannons in the world won't stop early mass reapers because they can just kill them extremely easily. 

Will a cannon stop a few reapers?  Probably, but this isn't just 2 or 3 reapers.
    Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nephrahim

I only watched the match where he went for Hellions and pulled half his SCVs to help.  But yeah, I see what you mean. 

Terrans to have an insane amount of options.  It's...  I hesitate to start throwing around things like OP, because people use them WAY too often, but it just... feels... like their game is much stronger right now. 

Vamino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Vamino
    @Rayeth: Pretty sure he meant IdrA has a problem dealing with excellent micro from the other player, not that IdrA's micro was poor. 

As for the tournament, IdrA faced many reaper rushes and clearly dealt with them fine (he made it to the final after all). I think what really happened in the finals though was that MorroW basically put him on tilt (which he's apparently known for). Got him early, and he lost his cool or whatever (I can't pretend to know what's in his head) and then lost the series. 

Edit: Also, off topic but... This was the first time I'd seen IdrA... What the hell is up with his arms? He stands so weirdly. Who stands with their arms just.. hanging like that?
    Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Feanor
    @Cataphract1014: If he has 8 reapers and you only have 1 cannon to defend yourself, then you have some problems. 
    Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nephrahim

8 reapers can do pretty well agienst almost ANY ammount of cannons.  At the very least, agienst any number of cannons you would have at that point.   They do a lot of damage against buildings.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @Feanor: 

That was my point.  He was saying that he just puts of cannons if he sees reapers, and this isn't about one or two which a cannon could stop.  This is about massing reapers like Morrow did.
    sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By sixghost

IMO the best response to this is to just use your first 25 energy for a creep tumor and really start spreading the creep around your main and nat. If you do that with a normal 14gas 14pool speedling expand you shouldn't be in such horrible shape. Just remember, not every Terran player is going to micro like Morrow, I've already played tons of diamond Terrans doing this build, and the majority of them can't micro it well enough to be that big of a threat. Just remember the key to beating this build is spreading and fighting on the creep. Lings and roaches both are great against reapers on creep, and are pretty bad off creep.  

After you hold off the harassment just do your normal bio counters such as muta/ling/bling, lings/bling/hydra/infestor etc.

illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By illmatic19

I played about 5 games vs Terran today. 4 of them were failed mass reaper attempts. 

Its not a problem, considering by the time they get 6 of them I have some marauders with concussive shells. But when playing as zerg, its fucking impossible to stop (well for me).

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Donos
    @Cataphract1014:  However, if your opponent can actually have eight reapers while you only have one cannon, you deserve to lose because they vastly outmacroed you.  On the other hand, with equal levels of macro and intelligent unit production (stalkers, basically) I strongly doubt the reapers could hold up. Eight reapers is about the same cost as 3-4 stalkers, and I'm confident the stalkers would win that fight.

As for IdrA in the video above, I don't feel his loss was so much balance related as him just getting outplayed. He didn't appear to micro much, made some poor choices when sending his units out to attack, and rarely tried to save units from the fights that he was obviously going to lose. On the other hand, the terran payer was very active in his micro, while still matching IdrA's macro.

Still, if zerg absolutely needs some sort of early game buff, I'd suggest cutting the cost of zergling speed to 50/50, to help zerg fight off early reapers. Once roaches and spinecrawlers come on the field, I don't see there being any further problems.
    Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nephrahim
    @Donos said:

" @Cataphract1014:  However, if your opponent can actually have eight reapers while you only have one cannon, you deserve to lose because they vastly outmacroed you.  On the other hand, with equal levels of macro and intelligent unit production (stalkers, basically) I strongly doubt the reapers could hold up. As for IdrA in the video above, I don't feel his loss was so much balance related as him just getting outplayed. He didn't appear to micro much, made some poor choices when sending his units out to attack, and rarely tried to save them from the fights that he was obviously going to use. On the other hand, the terran payer was very active in his micro, while still matching IdrA's macro.  Still, if zerg absolutely needs some sort of early game buff, I'd suggest cutting the cost of zergling speed to 50/50, to help zerg fight off reaper rushes, and to an extent marauder rushes. "

Against a Terran player, absouletely so.  Reapers cannot kite Marines, they would be destroyed.  And let's not even get into Marauders and concussive shells. 

For Toss, most likely.  They would need to get a fair amount of stalkers, BUT they should be able to fight off reapers.  If you went Zealot heavy though...  well, you don't go Zealot heavy early game against T, so that's your own fault. 

Zerg though, has 4 early game units.  The only one that is as fast as the reaper is the Zergling, however it can be kited at cliffs because it cannot keep attacking once they jump, AND the reapers get BONUS damage against them to boot..  Roaches, queens, and Banelings can be kited by the superior range and speed of Reapers. 

So, can you stop a Reaper push as Zerg?  Probably.  But it is VERY hard.
    Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Semition
    @SamDrugbringer said:
    " Roaches, queens, and Roaches can be kited by the superior range and speed of Reapers.  So, can you stop a Reaper push as Zerg?  Probably.  But it is VERY hard."
    I want one more range on the roach SO badly. >:(
    Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Nephrahim

That's why I listed it TWICE! 

(No it's not, it's because I edited Banelings into another Roaches for some reason.)

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Donos
    @SamDrugbringer said:

Zerg though, has 4 early game units.  The only one that is as fast as the reaper is the Zergling, however it can be kited at cliffs because it cannot keep attacking once they jump, AND the reapers get BONUS damage against them to boot..  Roaches, queens, and Roaches can be kited by the superior range and speed of Reapers.  So, can you stop a Reaper push as Zerg?  Probably.  But it is VERY hard. "

Now this is only my opinion, but I get the sense that it's really not that hard for zerg to fend off reaper rushes, it's just that most zerg players get too greedy and aggressive, chasing the Reapers around and letting themselves get kited. If zerg players would simply repress their hubris and concentrate on defending their mineral lines instead of doggedly trying to kill the reapers, I really don't think they would have these problems. I know holding units back and defending isn't glorious, but it works and it's not difficult. Turtling terrans know this, maybe the other races should try it as well.
    Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Nephrahim

The difference is that Terrans have by far the greatest range on their units, which allows them to simply hold them in position.  Zerg and to a less extent Toss NEED to be chasing down Terran units, or they are simply fired on. 

You cannot stop a Seige Tank by tutleing, ever.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By jakob187

Reapers are easy to squash with early defensive structures.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#27  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Donos said:
    "Now this is only my opinion, but I get the sense that it's really not that hard for zerg to fend off reaper rushes, it's just that most zerg players get too greedy and aggressive, chasing the Reapers around and letting themselves get kited. If zerg players would simply repress their hubris and concentrate on defending their mineral lines instead of doggedly trying to kill the reapers, I really don't think they would have these problems. I know holding units back and defending isn't glorious, but it works and it's not difficult. Turtling terrans know this, maybe the other races should try it as well. "
    So rather than try to kill the Reapers they should just sit back and watch all their units get killed?  If the Zerg player doesn't make an effort to kill the Reapers then he's giving the Terran player free reign to kill everything in the Zerg player's base.  Although I guess losing all your units and buildings without fighting back works and is not difficult.
    Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Rockanomics

Spine crawlers yo. Spine crawlers.

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Nephrahim

Spine crawlers are nice, but...  When you've got 8 reapers harassing both your main AND your Natural (And they can leap into either) you need 3-4 Spine crawlers at EACH Base to defend, that's....  what 900 resources at least?  Just to stop that harass?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Rockanomics said:

" Spine crawlers yo. Spine crawlers. "

A group of four Reapers can kill a Spine Crawler with only one casualty.  Unless the Zerg player is spamming Spine Crawlers, it should be fairly easy for the Terran player to micro his Reapers to only be within range of one or two Crawlers at a time.  Also the Terran player should be able to ignore half of the Crawlers because they lack mobility.  On top of that every Spine Crawler is a lost Drone which sets the Zerg player behind in the economy while the Terran player can keep pumping Reapers while building SCVs and other structures.  Spine Crawlers are useful only to buy your Roaches and Lings a few seconds to get into a better position.
    Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Donos
    @SamDrugbringer: Seige tanks are another story entirely, which can be killed in an entirely different set of ways. Let's stay on topic, shall we? 

@StarvingGamer:

First of all, thanks for trying to formulate an useful argument rather than throwing up a knee-jerk rude response. You're really contributing to these forums.

What I mean is that too many zerg players just attack-move their units at the reapers and let them get killed. The most succesful responses I've seen are ones where the zerg remembers that their goal is to just scare the reapers away with minimal loss. Reapers are relatively expensive (3 reapers is a whole factory plus change, not to mention loss of regular unit production) and APM-intensive, so every second the reapers aren't doing economic damage to you is a second of macro you've gained over the terran.

So, with this in mind, your goal is not to kill the reapers, it's to just prevent them from doing economic damage. All you need to do this is a couple units and maybe a spinecrawler. Spinecrawler at one ond of your mineral line, and the reapers cannot attack 90% of your workers without taking losses. Put a couple units at the other end, and simply attack when the reapers move forward, pull back to the mineral line when the reapers are forced to micro back.

Worst comes to worst and the reapers commit to micro-killing your units while avoiding your first spinecrawler? Fine, then the terran has committed that much more effort to the task. Just build a second spinecrawler and make their effort for naught.

Edit: Ok, so people are going to respond quickly. First, 4 reapers vs 1 spine crawler, even if the reapers win, is still fairly even cost for cost . Even then, realistically you'll jsut run a couple units over during the fight and win. Even if the reapers run away, they've still taken damage and effectively dealt none. Zerg heals for free, terran doesn't.
    Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Cataphract1014

Roaches with speed researched are faster than Reapers on creep.  Just so everyone knows.   Reapers still have superior range, but the speed increase and large HP pool makes them decent tanks if you can circle lings for a surround.

If you can hold the reapers off long enough to get a spire, you can completely negate reapers with one mutalisk.  It would force the terran player to switch to marines or ghosts to react to the mutas.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Donos: This thread is not about a couple Reapers, it is about a delayed mass Reaper push.  Reapers are actually extremely cheap in the early game when Minerals are the more severe limiting factor, especially since they only take up one supply each.  Once you reach a group of about eight Reapers a Spine Crawler or two won't cause the Terran player to blink an eye.  Of course anyone who blindly attack-moves their units is going to fail, but this thread is about the fact that even with pro-level micro the Zerg player is going to suffer serious losses try to fend off an early mass Reaper attack.

If it was as easy as "holding units back and defending" then I doubt Idra would have lost 3-1in Germany during the IEM finals.
    Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Donos

@StarvingGamer: If you want to talk about pro-level play, then first off 99% of what is said in this thread is invalidated. All I can justifiedly say is that watching that replay from the first page, IdrA made several large blunders controlling his units against those Reapers, while Morrow did not. Imbalance or no, IdrA got outplayed.

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Nephrahim

I'm not going to keep replying here, because I play neither Zerg nor Terran, so I don't really have a horse in this race, or any real experience to draw from. 

That said, I do think you're vastly oversimpling the issue, Donos.  It's the superior range and speed of early Terran units which gives them HUGE advantages in the early game against either race.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By wunder_
    @Donos:@StarvingGamer: This build was first spotted and used by LzGamer and I actually made a thread about this on GB but obviously the build wasn't as popular then. The build in question is the 5rax Reaper build where you literally have 5 barracks producing a reaper all with speed, so every production cycle has another 5 reapers on top of you. It is VERY micro-intensive, but the terran player is not at all losing a whole lot of macro as MorroW and Tarson and the various terrans that played at IEM all had time to expand and continue SCV production. This is by no means a hugely detrimental build for the Terran. 

For the Zerg, especially if you FE, like IdrA does a lot of the time, you will almost always lose your natural and also a lot of your tech structures, like your spawning pool or roach warren. If you don't place your spawning pool specifically behind your mineral line (and why would you? You could get banshee rushed and lose your spawning pool AND drones really easily) you will lose your tech as well as many zerglings and your queen. Tell me, what do you do then? If you lose your 'couple of units' you have to spend larva to replenish said units or else the threat of the units aren't there. Once you do that, you are losing drone production and vis-a-vis, the macro battle. 

Spine crawlers are really easy to take out, however, your suggestion at putting a spine inside the mineral line is probably the smartest move possible without wasting too many minerals. Unfortunately, that'll mean his queen will probably get taken out as you need some defense against the reapers huge range to protect your hatch, and not only your drones. 

To be honest, it's terribly hard to defend against this 5 rax push and even harder if you don't automatically assume the Terran is going that build and your overlord scouting is late. Even if you play 1 base roach, it's very tough to fight against. Sorry I've been rambling, but as a Terran player, I've crushed one too many zergs with this build and I haven't dropped a TvZ for a long while now.
    LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LegalBagel
    @Donos said:
    "  @StarvingGamer: If you want to talk about pro-level play, then first off 99% of what is said in this thread is invalidated. All I can justifiedly say is that watching that replay from the first page, IdrA made several large blunders controlling his units against those Reapers, while Morrow did not. Imbalance or no, IdrA got outplayed. "
    I think the problem is its more that Morrow has to make a micro mistake for his build to fail, not Idra.  Depending on the map, well microed Reapers are near impossible to kill.  Fend them off early, maybe, but eventually with the 5rax build and perfect control you'll end up with 8-12+ reapers with minimal losses, and at that point its impossible to fend off.  The key for Zerg is picking off Reapers as it goes and exploiting any micro mistakes the Terran player makes. 

But again, I don't know if its as big an imbalance as everyone's making it out to be, because Reapers are MUCH harder to micro properly and do damage than everyone thinks.  In the Third Place IEM game the Terran player tried the mass Reapers a couple of times, got his Reaper pack trapped or caught off guard, lost them all, and was summarily destroyed.  Most Terrans I've seen post-IEM hasn't been able to duplicate the results.

I think it's a problem, as the only solution for Zerg so far seems to be hope for bad Reaper control or try to survive to tier 2 (most likely down in the economy), but don't know if its nerf-worthy until I see it duplicated by someone not-Morrow.
    CharlieTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CharlieTuna

I feel the biggest problem is the lack of options Zerg have early game and the only good one they had (roaches) have been nerfed way too much. A small buff to them could go a long way for Zerg early game, keep the 2 food but give them more range or something, anything.

Avatar image for comradekritstov
    ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ComradeKritstov

I actually kinda enjoy the fact that morrow won with this as it is actually very easy to beat if the terran player has no idea what he is doing and just thinks "herp derp barracks barracks barracks REAPERSREAPERSREAPERS herp derp". Two different games I played out of 3 last night were against terrans that tried it and just failed horribly, they were way too slow and didn't wall of their base. So I just got like 10 zerglings and managed to surround his 2-3 reapers. It's funny how people think they just easily copy a strategy from high level play and expect it to the be the easy button.

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Nephrahim
    @ComradeKritstov said:
    " I actually kinda enjoy the fact that morrow won with this as it is actually very easy to beat if the terran player has no idea what he is doing and just thinks "herp derp barracks barracks barracks REAPERSREAPERSREAPERS herp derp". Two different games I played out of 3 last night were against terrans that tried it and just failed horribly, they were way too slow and didn't wall of their base. So I just got like 10 zerglings and managed to surround his 2-3 reapers. It's funny how people think they just easily copy a strategy from high level play and expect it to the be the easy button. "
    Yeah.  This, especially in low level Platinum. 

I remember when a player tried to do factory swap and use Hellions to destroy my econ.  Then they ran into a wall of Stalkers, and he quit. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-61abb009b221e
    deactivated-61abb009b221e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Mass anything will always be a problem at the very least. Once the other guy starts getting static defenses and other countermeasures, it's a good idea to get some bunkers in your base to house them. The reapers do have a mighty fine range when firing from it.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Turambar

It just so happens that the latest Day[9] Daily is on this particular match.   http://day9tv.blip.tv/file/4049854/

It goes into exactly how Morrow was making Idra lose his cool and make mistakes.  Also shows what exactly won Morrow the game (and it wasn't just the reapers), and ends with some options on how to handle a mass reaper push in the final minutes of the video.

(Again, thanks SamDrugbringer for bringing Day[9] to my attention.  The dailies have been so helpful.)

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#43  Edited By sjschmidt93

People, stop saying mass reaper isn't an issue because you're protoss or terran. It's a PvZ strategy.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#44  Edited By DoctorWelch

In my opinion Reapers are completely worthless, and once the new patch comes out they will be even more worthless. Replace any Reaper with a Marauder and I will be happy. Reapers will require you to sacrifice too much to get a lot of more gas early when instead you could just get a decent amount of gas, upgrade to orbital command, and then minerals shouldnt be a problem. Then you get marauders out super fast. Unless your playing zerg, and unless you are super good with them, I tihnk Reapers are pretty stupid. 

I have seen pretty many people trying Reapers lately, even though I play Terran. I just crush them every time though cause they waste too much trying to get reapers while I just mass a huge marine marauder ball.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.