Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

So I changed race

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By amir90

I am just getting bored with Brotoss, and since I have been watchin a lot of psy starcraft lately, I have been tempted to try out zerg.

I have been doing descent, only losing half the games I play at silver.
     Being able to recreate your army so fast, sure is fun! :D

Edit: I am having a little bit trouble with not using all the money all the time, but I reckon you have to save up econ sometimes.
    I am also having a hard time microing the monsters :)
    Infestors are indeed OP, haha ^^

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Rayeth

The wierd part about playing Zerg is that the only way to increase your production is to build more hatcheries.  Oftentimes this means building extra hatches in your main or natural just to get more larva.  Also being very very methodical about using your queens to spread creep and inject larvae.  Otherwise I'm glad you're enjoying it.  Remember you don't need to micro if you just overwhelm them with units =)

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

I was terran in season 1, I just game back a few weeks ago and I have been sucking it up. I switched to toss yesterday and have won every game since, still can't get into diamond though :(

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By tebbit

I'm way too scared to change my race this far in. TERRAN UP THE NIIIIIGHT

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By csl316

the fact that changing now would lead to a freefall on the ladder for me, i just can't do it.

separate ladder ranks for separate races!!

edit: shit, i just supported segregation, didn't i?

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Ben_H

I'm tempted to switch to Terran on my main account.  I'm sick of everyone all-ining me because my race is "OP".  Terrans seem to Marine/SCV all-in and Zergs either win by forcing you to play safe or pu

Also, Zerg is hell of fun but insanely frustrating at times (As I have experienced on my second account numerous times). There will be games where you feel like you outplayed your opponent by a mile and still lost. I have lost as Zerg with double the worker count and bases, and better upgrades.

And yes, infestors do feel broken both when you play as Zerg or against Zerg.

Avatar image for stepwiseduchess
    StepwiseDuchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By StepwiseDuchess

Watching Psy StarCraft last night and he was drunk and very entertaining to say the least. 

BTW: Welcome to Zerg :)

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tunaburn

i want to switch too :( i actually quit playing because toss is boring as hell. but if i switch race ill be demoted for sure. and i dont want that either. lame shit.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By NickL

I have temporarily changed race from toss to zerg a few times now.
    After playing a ton of matches as toss I want something different, play about 10-15 matches as zerg then go back to playing toss.
    I think if you grind out one race non stop you get kind of bored, thats why so many pro players are seen offracing every once in a while.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Bollard
    @csl316 said:
      edit: shit, i just supported segregation, didn't i?
    Ahahahaha yes indeed you did!
    Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Nasos100
    @Tebbit: was that a referrence to a black sabbbath track?
    amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By amir90
    @StepwiseDuchess: I reckon the stream? How do you know when he streams, does he have a facebook fan page/twitter or something?
    Also, is always him casting, because his voice changed like when he changed headset :p

@Ben_H
    @Rayeth
    @csl316
    THis is my 13th (maybe 14th) match as a Zerg, I would say I outplayed this fellow or? :P
    http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=211249
    The mistakes are obvious, did not scout behind the shrubbery, did two bad rallies, and got supply blocked.
    Yet, I felt I did so much right :)
    Frostler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Frostler

I've played zerg throughout both seasons and I love it, even though there was a moment when i had lost a couple straight due to my race that I wanted to switch to toss. The thing I love about zerg though is once you get close to maxed it's actually a good thing to start storing money up and that the army is expendable since you can get another in a couple clicks. The only downside is the bad early game and having so many mechanics to have to keep track of throughout the game, but that also makes zerg more interesting to play.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By csl316
    @amir90: I spent plenty of times playing other races in Brood War, so I know what's what.  maybe if i spend a week messing around with AI i'll get my hotkeys in order, then possibly take the ladder by storm.

terran's ok, but the prospect of a warp prism dt drop is amazing.  or maybe i'll make a hundred banelings.  so many possibilities!
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By WickedCestus

I did the exact same thing a while back. I lost thirteen games in a row, but I eventually found my stride and now have a lot of fun as Zerg. Good Luck!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.