Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Star Battle - best thing since SotIS

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jmrwacko

So who else is having a blast playing Star Battle? For those who don't know, Star Battle is an excellent DOTA-style custom map that started on the EU server where you control a mother ship and duke it out in a 6v6 space battle with other players. Unlike DOTA, it doesn't have items, but it does have upgrades that you purchase with resources gained from killing enemy NPCs and players. I've played 20 matches of it so far and I've been having a blast! There's four different ship types, but each one can be played in a variety of different ways thanks to the various upgrades and weapon types.

Here's a video Total Biscuit made for it:

Btw, if anyone has significant experience with Star Battle and wants to enter that tournament TB mentions in the video, hit me up with a friend request. My friends tag is Itharius.411. Maybe we can lobby up and play some games together. I won't be playing much SC2 after December 7th (lol world of warcrack), but we could still make something happen.

Btw, I've found the most success going a missile cruiser build. That is, you upgrade to 4 attack and 1 shield, then to 1.81 speed, then pump minerals into range, missile attack and missile projectiles so that you're doing over 1000 dmg unmitigated a volley from 11 range.
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

StarCraft never ceases to amaze me.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By jmrwacko
    @wolf_blitzer85 said:
    " StarCraft never ceases to amaze me. "
    1. Buy Starcraft 2.
    2. Beat SC2 and play ladder matches to death.
    3. Discover that there's hundreds of custom maps, many of which are more fleshed out than the majority of high budget retail games on the market.
    4. ???
    5. Profit!!
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By meteora

I played this yesterday with my friends. Its a fucking blast to play this game.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#5  Edited By StarvingGamer

Have yet to play a UMS for SCII, you may have pushed me over the edge.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.