Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Starcraft K-pop/Asian-pop

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Pinworm45

In case you didn't know, Starcraft is kind of a thing in Korea. Like, a big thing. It wouldn't exactly be an exaggeration to compare Starcraft in Korea to the NFL in USA or hockey in Canada. 

Koreans are also pretty good at Starcraft. Consider that stereotyping if you will, but it's true

As such, to truly play with skill in Starcraft too, you must listen to K-pop while you play, to get a bit of their culture into your brain. 

TL:DR: Post k-pop to listen to while playing Starcraft! 

I'll start with the most obvious. This song is played by nearly every community-hosted live-stream after games simply because it says "GGGGGGGGGG," and as every good-mannered starcraft player knows, GG is what you say when a match is over. 

The second one is just a song I think is kinda pretty good. The singer is actually Japanese, but this thread wouldn't be a legit thread on asian culture without mixing up the various asian ethnicities, so I'll just get that out of the way.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

Make me a list of songs to play after each victory in the Torny on Fri/Sat, viewers must bow down to the K-Pop!

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Vinchenzo

Even when playing SCII I'll be using my Japanese playlist. Here you go anyway: 

Or if we can go into Japanese territory, this is probably a good victory song... 

Shane394

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Shane394

I'd like to say I prefer the Terran music, but the GGGG baby baby song is oddly inspiring. 

Like GGGG baby baby, the games already over, I win!

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Donos

I have several friends that are into K-Pop, but I really can't accept itt. All the bright colours and happiness burn my jaded soul. For Starcraft I'll stick to the Terran music and its surprisingly catchy guitar riffs.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pinworm45
    @Donos said:
    " All the bright colours and happiness burn my jaded soul. "
    Exactly how I feel. I hate pop, I hate cheer and happiness, and I generally have no like for asian culture (no offense to any of them, they just have very little I'm into). 

However, I have learned to channel it, and now with it I am more powerful.
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Fallen189

Nothing. The game soundtrack is designed in such a way that it's the best thing you can listen to while you play.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By CaptainObvious

You can't get the full Terran redneck experience if you are going to listen to some K-pop.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Pinworm45: If you win on Friday & Saturday, Sung_Moon from TL will be there with hopefully his kpop forums crew, so we shall all sing for you.... 

....cause I just-just-just-just wanna fu-fu-fu-fu-fu-fuck you baby, cause I'm beautiful girl.  

Side note - We used this song for the winner last time, forgot if we sung it then...but we got a surprise song for the winner this time around.  :P 

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By sixghost

The worst fucking part about watching proleague on Teamliquid livestreams is that every single person who hosts them seems to be obsessed with Korean culture and blasts shitty music like this after every match. That and bad anime.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By demontium

SC is big in korea?

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KaosAngel
    @sixghost said:
    " The worst fucking part about watching proleague on Teamliquid livestreams is that every single person who hosts them seems to be obsessed with Korean culture and blasts shitty music like this after every match. That and bad anime. "
    Man, I like Korean girls...they're nice and whatnot.  Back in Japan, they were loud as shit, and annoying but Korean girls in Korea are really beautiful...like a blue rose in an ocean of red roses.  Korea is an alright place, and the people are friendly.   

Also, I never knew Koreans had anime...we always thought they stoled all the Japanese shows.  >.>
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pinworm45
    @sixghost said:
    " The worst fucking part about watching proleague on Teamliquid livestreams is that every single person who hosts them seems to be obsessed with Korean culture and blasts shitty music like this after every match. That and bad anime. "
    I totally agree, but I've been indoctrinated by it. 

One of us. One of us.
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pinworm45

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.