Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Who else thinks the challenges are awesome?

MMkain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MMkain

Finished getting a gold rank on each challenge yesterday and I'm still redoing some of them to get a higher score. I really hope blizzard releases more of them in a patch down the line. Otherwise, I might need to make my own.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Cataphract1014

I like them.  I've gotten gold in a few.  Rush defense was super easy.  I got silver in the expand one.

What I really want them to do, or if I can figure out that crazy map editor, is to combined the last 3 challenges for all races.  Make you defend from a rush, expand, and do it all with hotkeys only.  It would help a lot of people learn some build orders and most importantly, hotkeys.  If you watch the keyboard of a professional player, it looks like they are typing 200 words a minute with how fast they are hitting keys.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Ares42

I only played the first 2 tiers yet, found them decent enough. Sorta disappointed that some of the stuff it tries to learn you is actually dead wrong in a real match. Like i.e. it tells you ultras counter stalkers, and carriers counters thors.

Akia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Akia

What an incredible game, the 1v1 ladder is so satisfying. You win some, you lose some but its always fun.    The challenges are pretty neat. I'm so OCD that I won't try a new one until i gold the one I'm playing.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By ThePickle

I wish there were more of them. They're a great way to help players get better at the game, and test the skills of better players.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By thatfrood
    @Ares42 said:
    " I only played the first 2 tiers yet, found them decent enough. Sorta disappointed that some of the stuff it tries to learn you is actually dead wrong in a real match. Like i.e. it tells you ultras counter stalkers, and carriers counters thors. "
    I skipped the challenges and went straight for multiplayer, but seriously? It tells you that Ultralisks are the counter for Stalkers?
    That's amazing.
    "I keep getting rushed with 4gate, I don't know what to do!"
    "Oh, just tech up to Hive right away, build an ultralisk cavern, and then pull 400 vespene out of your ass."
    MMkain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MMkain
    @ThatFrood said:

" @Ares42 said:

" I only played the first 2 tiers yet, found them decent enough. Sorta disappointed that some of the stuff it tries to learn you is actually dead wrong in a real match. Like i.e. it tells you ultras counter stalkers, and carriers counters thors. "
    I skipped the challenges and went straight for multiplayer, but seriously? It tells you that Ultralisks are the counter for Stalkers? That's amazing. "I keep getting rushed with 4gate, I don't know what to do!" "Oh, just tech up to Hive right away, build an ultralisk cavern, and then pull 400 vespene out of your ass." "
    Said challenge gives you a force of units which you must split up to defend three structures. The help menu provides suggestions for how you should split up said forces; however, they are not always the optimal solutions.
    Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ares42
    @MMkain said:
    " @ThatFrood said:

" @Ares42 said:

I skipped the challenges and went straight for multiplayer, but seriously? It tells you that Ultralisks are the counter for Stalkers? That's amazing. "I keep getting rushed with 4gate, I don't know what to do!" "Oh, just tech up to Hive right away, build an ultralisk cavern, and then pull 400 vespene out of your ass." "
    Said challenge gives you a force of units which you must split up to defend three structures. The help menu provides suggestions for how you should split up said forces; however, they are not always the optimal solutions. "
    Well, that's my point.. the challenges were made to ease players into the multiplayer. Sure, the solution works for that specific challenge, but it makes no sense in any real situation. What it actually ends up doing is making beginners believe that ultras are good vs stalker, which makes the whole thing pretty useless.
    Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Addfwyn

Well, to be fair.  Ultras DO fair pretty well against unmicroed stalkers :P.   

The only challenge I haven't been able to gold is the second tier protoss one (with sentries and HT).  Protoss is probably my worst race overall, and I never use either of those units that much except for sentry force field.  Can't get past silver, and only just barely get that.

ekajarmstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ekajarmstro

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.