How long is the average mission in Starcraft for you guys?

#1 Posted by delorean99947 (227 posts) -

I just beat Zerg mission 7 and it took 1 hour and 47 minutes. Mission 8 took 1 hour and 21 minutes (not including my 15 saves of trial and error attacks). Is this normal for you guys? 

#2 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

No. Maybe in brood war if you're in the later missions and don't have particularly great micro. But it should take about an hour.

#3 Posted by Max422 (32 posts) -

I don't remember the time exactly, especially for the mission, but I think it's probably less than an hour.

#4 Posted by Sarumarine (2173 posts) -

I find it hard to nail average time in StarCraft. Usually that depends on what kind of player you are, whether you're aggressive or like to build up bases before rolling across the map. If you're one of those types that like to break the game, there are some missions you can finish in less than five minutes depending on the objective.

The Zerg and Protoss missions usually take the longest, but in my estimate, probably shouldn't take longer than an hour.

Now if you're talking Brood War, those missions will take forever because the game is so much harder and the AI will harass the hell out of you while you're trying to build stuff.

#5 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Max422 said:

I don't remember the time exactly, especially for the mission, but I think it's probably less than an hour.

You realize that all of the threads you've been replying to are all over ten months old, right?

#6 Posted by Max422 (32 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

@Max422 said:

You realize that all of the threads you've been replying to are all over ten months old, right?

Not all of the threads, you need to check it again.

btw, the topics I replied to usually on top 5 of the forum, so I think they're still worth to discuss.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.