Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

State of Decay 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 18, 2018

State of Decay 2 is an open-world survival management game that expands on the systems introduced in the first title in 2013.

Buying fon Microsoft Store Access - New to Cross Play

jerrkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If I buy this for the PC, Do I need to buy another copy for the Xbox?

I kinda new to the cross platform stuff What terms should I be looking for, or does this not happen at all anymore?

morello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By morello

@jerrkat: No, you only have to buy it once - the term they use is "Xbox Play Anywhere".

Edit - I should have said, you only need to buy it once if you buy it digitally from the Microsoft Store, retail releases don't, as far as I know, offer this.

nvmfst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Just a side note. I bought it on the One. When I went to do the cross play on the PC, the ability to do so wasn't there automatically. I had to go into the Windows Store on PC then to the game page and hit download/install or something. I feel like the process should be a little more streamlined.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nvmfst: The Windows store still is a mess even after all these years it keeps corrupting, downloads keep failing etc. And the UI is horrible there should be a library button or something. Bought some games on there. Forza series and state of decay 2 and every time it's a horrible mess. It's weird to me how a multi billion dollar company can't even do there store right. Sorry for the Rant :D. But yes the Windows store is a terrible experience :D.

If i had one question i could ask Phil Spencer it would be why there store still is so bad after all these years. Hope the Xbox store is at least better.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

If it has the Play Anywhere tag on the page then you will own it on both. You can even play with someone else with only one copy if they use your Xbox.

@soulcake: That has nothing to do with him so he wouldn't be able to answer it, and would have to avoid the question so he doesn't insult his colleagues at Microsoft.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By soulcake

@alistercat: Hmmm yeah your right ,still it's badly written software still :D. It's so bad they implemented a fix the windows store button in the latest windows update. At least i don't have to run a powershell script now...

Arjailer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never yet been able to download the Play Anywhere version of Halo Wars 2 I bought at the game's launch on my Windows 10 machine - download just fails with the infamous 0x80073cf9 error after about 30 seconds of downloading. Spent hours, and hours trying every "fix" I could find online - none of them worked :-(

Haven't bought anything Play Anywhere since - waste of bloody money.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In theory it wi work on bith, but i cant get it to work. It lets me launch. Its synced up with my xbox save, and then gives me an error message about access or rights and closes. No response from support either. Love the game but im pretty pissed, sea of thieves worked fine. Even played with my son while he was on the xbox.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.