Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

State of Decay

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 05, 2013

State of Decay is an ambitious zombie apocalypse survival game set in a current-day open world that asks "What would you do if it really happened?"

What's the state of State of Decay these days?

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I see the game is on sale right now thanks to Steam's sale, but I'm hesitant to buy it. I always heard the PC port was terrible and was missing proper mouse and keyboard controls, ui mapped properly for mkb, and other console specific UI decisions. Have they ever fixed it or is it still busted? How about the game in generally? I remember the QL showing some bad bugs.

noblenerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By noblenerf

I don't own the game, but I know they added in keyboard & mouse controls to the game (which is when it left Steam Early Access).

Also, FYI: It was 50% off during one of the daily sales, so you may want to wait until the Christmas sale to snag it.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Still janky, but a worthwhile experience.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see the game is on sale right now thanks to Steam's sale, but I'm hesitant to buy it. I always heard the PC port was terrible and was missing proper mouse and keyboard controls, ui mapped properly for mkb, and other console specific UI decisions. Have they ever fixed it or is it still busted? How about the game in generally? I remember the QL showing some bad bugs.

New DLC which hardens the difficulty the longer you survive. Game was on sale yesterday and if you are thinking of buying it I'd probably hold out tomorrow and see if it'll either go back to 50% off.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By BasketSnake

It feels like playing a HD version of a PS2 game. Janky but the RPG elements are cool. This is of course just my statement on the state of State of Decay today.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

If it goes up again I might get it. Not going to pay full price though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.