Anyone else having Steam issues right now?

#1 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1702 posts) -

I can login but it says no connection and my games won't sync to the cloud. Anybody else?

#2 Posted by Fattony12000 (7596 posts) -

Yup, happened mid game in Borderlands 2 co-op, about 10 minutes ago.

#3 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1702 posts) -

@Fattony12000 said:

Yup, happened mid game in Borderlands 2 co-op, about 10 minutes ago.

Sorta the same with me except I was just starting to launch BL 2

#4 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (740 posts) -
#5 Edited by CornBREDX (5839 posts) -

Yes. It wouldn't close for me (wouldn't minimize to my tray) and says no connection.

I don't know if it's an issue, per say, but it's acting weird.

I'm pretty sure releasing an expansion for Garshasp had something to do with it.

#6 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1702 posts) -
#7 Edited by RollingZeppelin (2078 posts) -

Ya, I've got 'no connection' as well, I was 99% finished my download the the X-COM demo too. Ha ha, oh well, does anyone know if this is scheduled maintenance or is there a problem with their servers? The forums are down too, the forums that mention when the scheduled maintenance occur so I have k=no way of knowing.

Edit: nevermind, thanks @dekkadekkadekka

#8 Posted by Demoskinos (15114 posts) -

Welp....looks like steam is down for Christmas. Or at least I'm not getting any connection here.

#9 Posted by Jazzycola (663 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

Welp....looks like steam is down for Christmas. Or at least I'm not getting any connection here.

same here. even though this is a 3 month old thread I figured I'd back your story.

#10 Posted by Demoskinos (15114 posts) -

@Jazzycola: Well, figure better to use this thread then make a new one. =p

#11 Edited by UitDeToekomst (737 posts) -

i'm having problems, too. No Connection. Plus, i bought a game, was charged for it, but it didn't show up in my Library and there is the little install icon and it says that it has 0.0 B when I look in my profile.

EDIT: My 2nd issue seems to have sorted itself out, but i still can't get a connection.

#12 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

its fine for me

#13 Posted by McGriddle550 (285 posts) -

Yeah I just bought Chivalry and it kept searching for new licenses when I tried to install it, so I restarted steam no the game isn't even in my library....

#14 Posted by jakob187 (21735 posts) -

I am also having Steam issues: they can't seem to get their prices lower than Amazon or Green Man Gaming on the things that matter to me the most.

O______O

#15 Posted by Andorski (5354 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

I am also having Steam issues: they can't seem to get their prices lower than Amazon or Green Man Gaming on the things that matter to me the most.

O______O

Valve already has their hooks into you. Green Man Gaming and Amazon seem to be pushing hard to make their storefront the de facto for PC digital downloads.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.