Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Everything i buy keeps going on sale.

renegadegd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By renegadegd

I have finally given in to steam & PC gaming, and downloaded it about a week ago, but everything i buy seems to go on sale within hours or days of my purchase.

I got the commandos collection (for nistalgic reasons) just to find it went on sale for £2 at getgamesgo a few hours later.
    then i brought team fortress 2 yesterday, for it to only be half price today.

here's hoping civ 5 stays full price, just so i don't feel like a complete chump .

Do valve ever say what sales they will have in advance?

andrela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By andrela

Valve do a alot of weekend deals and massive holiday deals.

Never buy anything on Steam mid-week unless it's a brand new release

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By TheHT

yeah it's kinda crazy. you're probably better of just waiting till they have those big sales like the summer or christmas ones, or the thing you want is on random sale for dirt cheap.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.