Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Have you ever had problems with Steam?

KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KimChi4U

So, I've bought quite a few games from Steam over the last year or so and I've noticed that the occasional game won't install to 100%. Instead, it installs 99% of the way and then stops. the install button of the game's page changes to the play button but when I click on the game to play it, I get a message saying that the game in currently unavailable and to try again later. Until today, the games that this has happened to haven't really been a big deal because they were game that I got when I bought a pack of game together and they weren't really the focus of my purchase. 

Today, I tried to play Dragon Age 2 , and I got that annoying little message saying the game wasn't available now and I should try again later. Anyone else have these issues? What did you do about them that didn't involve throwing your mouse and keyboard across the room in frustration?

BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By BombKareshi

Usually logging off and logging in fixes that for me. Of course, when I get "not currently available" while in offline mode and with no internet connection, I'm basically screwed. That's usually when I start thinking of throwing objects around.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SomeJerk

Deleting clientregistry.blob in the Steamfolder solves most problems people have.

As for me, name a huge game launch and I did not have trouble with getting that game authorized/decrypted over Steam. Either there's been great mirrors around even for the HL2 launch back in 2004 in my country or it's pure luck all the way. Leaning towards great file mirrors and internet infrastructure, because I never wait long to even patch my PS3.

Zenwork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Zenwork

I am struggling to buy any game from them. 
    There has been an internal error initializing your transaction. Please contact support for assistance.
    I did trying eeverything any possible payement from the client and from the web. Terrible Crap.

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sogeman
    @Zenwork said:
    " I am struggling to buy any game from them.  There has been an internal error initializing your transaction. Please contact support for assistance.I did trying eeverything any possible payement from the client and from the web. Terrible Crap. "
    Then contact support. They're usually pretty great.
    Avatar image for thekeyboarddemon
    TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon
    @somejerk said:
    " Deleting clientregistry.blob in the Steamfolder solves most problems people have. As for me, name a huge game launch and I did not have trouble with getting that game authorized/decrypted over Steam. Either there's been great mirrors around even for the HL2 launch back in 2004 in my country or it's pure luck all the way. Leaning towards great file mirrors and internet infrastructure, because I never wait long to even patch my PS3. "
    I've only experience that same issue once myself and deleting the clientregistry was the perfect fix, far better than having to uninstall and reinstall my entire games collection.
    xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By xplodedd

i had that freeze shit a while ago in which borderlands would freeze on startup, but its gone now so whatever. steam is buggy though.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By ReyGitano

The biggest problem I've had with Steam is that the store browser looks all messed up but I'm too lazy to google why that is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.