Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Help Deciding Between Steam Sales...

zonerover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zonerover

Okay guys - The Sims 3 Ultimate Bundle (along with all the other Sims 3 stuff) is on sale for $104.97!!!

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Also in other Steam sale news, the Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness Combo Pack is on sale for $3.
    No Caption Provided
    In all seriousness, even though the Penny Arcade games sounded pretty average, this seems like a pretty good price to buy it. Anyone else with any experience with it?
    Avatar image for thekeyboarddemon
    TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon

I have a friend who really likes the Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness Combo Pack , it has a turn based RPG combat system with mini-games that you play to charge your attacks, the more points you score in the minigames the stronger your attack. You should really watch a video on it,

tobygw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By tobygw

Umm well if you are asking which one of these you should get, clearly spending an additional 3 dollars is not a big deal if you're willing to spend over 100 on Sims so get both.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By JoeyRavn
    @tobygw said:
    " Umm well if you are asking which one of these you should get, clearly spending an additional 3 dollars is not a big deal if you're willing to spend over 100 on Sims so get both. "
    Yep.  Three bucks isn't going to get you destitute if you're spending $105 already...

As a personal note, I got the PA bundle earlier today. I didn't have the chance to play it yet, but I'm sure will. At least, I'm stockpiling games with low requirements for next year. I'll have to make do with a laptop the whole year. Toki Tori, Winterbottom, Magicka (well, relatively low reqs), Plants vs Zombies, Osmos, Puzzle Quest, Torchlight, Machinarium, Braid... Steam is great :D
    zonerover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By zonerover

Just for the record, I have no intent on getting The Sims 3 for $105 and thought the sarcasm on the amount of money vs spending $3 would have been pretty obvious. BTW, the game is pretty good for the price in case you haven't picked it up yet.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By nintendoeats

I got Penny arcade. The combat system is kind of a mess. But some of the writing is good. I think at that price its worth deciding for yourself.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.