Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Steam account hijacked again. Help?

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShaunassNZ

Hi my Steam account is hijacked, I forgot which user on here works at Steam, but they froze my account last time this happened. I have no clue how it did this time. Anyone know someone who can freeze it for now? Sorry if this is like spam.

I found the dude, name is Lunarbunny but he doesn't look too active on the site anymore. Anyway, have a laugh at what they've done to my account. http://steamcommunity.com/id/Eketahuna

Ok, I managed to recover my password, thank god they didn't change my email. I'll leave my account the way it is so people can see.

Deleth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Deleth

So you lost your account twice? How the hell did that happen? And what "did they do" to your account?

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ShaunassNZ

@Deleth said:

So you lost your account twice? How the hell did that happen? And what "did they do" to your account?

I lost it a first time because I was dumb and clicked on a link to "join a group", was a phishing site etc. I was an idiot. This same thing that happened today, happened to me at the start of this year. I was doing nothing at all, and then BAM, kicked out and told I'm logged in elsewhere. Last time I just recovered my password and I was done. This time I panicked and rushed here, remembered I just needed to recover my password, and done.

Also, check out my profile, do you really think I'd have a mess like that? The penises I knew of, but I didn't change my info like that.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By N7

This person must really have strong feelings for the penis.

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Stete

I think this is a sign that you should start using steam guard.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By louiedog

@Stete said:

This. Unless you give out your email password as well they aren't getting into your Steam account.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ravenlight

@Stete said:

Definitely turn Steam Guard on. With this feature enabled, you have to give explicit permission to log into your Steam account on a different computer.

And duder. Stop clicking random-asslinks :P

linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By linkster7

@Ravenlight said:

@Stete said:

Definitely turn Steam Guard on. With this feature enabled, you have to give explicit permission to log into your Steam account on a different computer.

And duder. Stop clicking random-asslinks :P

Oh so very tempting, what are behind those beautiful alluring yellow letters?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.