Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steambot Chronicles Battle Tournament

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jun 20, 2009

A spin-off to the Steambot Chronicles franchise focusing largely on multiplayer.

This looks sweet, has anybody played it yet?

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Emandudeguyperson

Steambot Chonicles for the PSP looks pretty sweet but can anybody tell me from experience that it's good? If so I'd totally be up for some robot on robot action.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheMustacheHero

What is this? Never head of it...Google brb.

Vlaphor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Vlaphor

It's pretty fun, but a complete pain to find.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Xeiphyer
    @Emandudeguyperson: I am 2 hours or so in,Its pretty fun, The customization of your 'trot' is nifty, although its not super in depth thus far. The lack of lock on for the guns makes them pretty hard to use and they don't do much damage and have limited ammo.

I find the controls to be a bit tricky as well.

My other issue is that you have to park your trot at the cones to get out, thats fine I guess, but theres a LOT of backtracking while doing the jobs from the jobplace.
    You accept the quest, walk across the town, talk to the person who posted the job, walk wayyy out into a forest to chop a tree, then walk all the way back to the dude, deliver it, then go back to the beareau to get your 300UR. 8 or 9 times to get enough money for new weapons and armor for your trot, and even more if you want to upgrade them. So thats kinda bleghhh!!!

On the good side, the voice acting is really good, I was very impressed. Also they give you 4-5 different options to choose from during dialogues, theres normal ones and some super super funny ones, I recommend trying those as they don't really change anything, just create some very Laugh out loud moments. Hearing the main character do his sleazy cool macho voice is the best! You will laugh hard haha

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.