Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Stereoscopic 3D

Concept »

3D Stereoscopy is the use of two images generated from slightly different angles in order to create a 3D effect. This usually requires the use of 3D glasses to separate the left/right image for each eye.

WOW! 3D is pretty cool!

kingofpeanuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By kingofpeanuts

I went on a date last night to Tron: Legacy because the girl suggested it. I had never seen a movie or game in stereoscopic 3D before and didn't think it would be that good but I was blown away. It truly looked visually stunning and I really enjoyed the movie, as well as the date. I now have a better understanding as why movie companies like 3D, other than increased ticket cost. In house 3D has the problems of glasses and expensive TVs but I could see it working in the future. I am curious what Giantbombers think of 3D. 
    The perpetually sleepy 
    Adam

kingofpeanuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By kingofpeanuts

I went on a date last night to Tron: Legacy because the girl suggested it. I had never seen a movie or game in stereoscopic 3D before and didn't think it would be that good but I was blown away. It truly looked visually stunning and I really enjoyed the movie, as well as the date. I now have a better understanding as why movie companies like 3D, other than increased ticket cost. In house 3D has the problems of glasses and expensive TVs but I could see it working in the future. I am curious what Giantbombers think of 3D. 
    The perpetually sleepy 
    Adam

bigsmoke77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bigsmoke77

It sucks

Avatar image for christiancastillo
    ChristianCastillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ChristianCastillo

yep

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sodiumCyclops

I really like 3D when it works. Tron: Legacy however, is probably not the best movie to see in 3D as the effect is pretty shallow.

kingofpeanuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kingofpeanuts
    @sodiumCyclops: What would you say is better? I don't know much about 3D movies.
    sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sodiumCyclops
    @kingofpeanuts said:

" @sodiumCyclops: What would you say is better? I don't know much about 3D movies. "

Avatar is basically the flagship 3D movie if you can get a chance to see it. Pirahana 3D is also supposed to be pretty cool in 3D if all you want is the cool effect. Also, Step-Up 3D for the same reason.

If you look around there are some really good 3D films and documentaries about to come out.

A couple that I am excited for are Tree of Life and Hubble 3D.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Meowayne

Avatar is basically the flagship 3D movie if you can get a chance to see it.

Almost anyone who has seen both Avatar and How To Train Your Dragon agrees that the latter uses the effect in more engaging, more interesting and (most importantly) less artificial ways.  Having seen and been a fan of RealD cinema even before Beowulf, I can safely say that HTTYD is the best (and really, only) movie where seeing it in 2D would rob you of much of the experience and make the movie as a whole just less good.

salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By salad10203

I think 3d would be great but I won't sacrifice image quality (darkened glasses) for a 3d effect that still gives me headaches.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ya if they could fix the headache problem and make it so that the 3d effect doesnt become less noticable in less than 20 minutes i would definately support 3d

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.