Turning off the menu music

#1 Posted by psylah (2177 posts) -

I'm not judging the music choices of others here, but JESUS CHRIST HOW DO I TURN OFF THAT MENU MUSIC.

When I'm sitting there, repeatedly trying to connect to a ranked match, it gets SUPER ANNOYING.

There is a master volume level, but not music level. Is this the case, or did I miss the option?

#2 Edited by TechHits (1380 posts) -
@psylah
If you buy music in the vault you can replace the menu music with anything in there. I don't think you can just turn it off. 
#3 Posted by lilbigsupermario (842 posts) -

Reminds me of SFIV's "Indestructible" menu music and how annoying it got after a while. lol!

#4 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

For some reason I love it, makes me feel all upbeat.

#5 Posted by rmanthorp (3968 posts) -

DON'T THINK THAT I CAN'T KNOCK YOU OUT!

Moderator Online
#6 Edited by Melvargh (497 posts) -

I dig 'Knock you out" but I wish we would use the original versions of the soundtrack for the menu, not just the remixes.  

#7 Posted by psylah (2177 posts) -

@TechHits said:

@psylah: If you buy music in the vault you can replace the menu music with anything in there. I don't think you can just turn it off.

Thanks for the tip, I changed it to something less abrasive.

#8 Posted by TechHits (1380 posts) -
@psylah said:

@TechHits said:

@psylah: If you buy music in the vault you can replace the menu music with anything in there. I don't think you can just turn it off.

Thanks for the tip, I changed it to something less abrasive.

no problem
#9 Posted by Necrotrophic (261 posts) -

i feel your pain.i like the new ken jazzy theme remix thing, so i switched it to that. way less irritating

#10 Posted by Cribba (290 posts) -

@Melvargh said:

I dig 'Knock you out" but I wish we would use the original versions of the soundtrack for the menu, not just the remixes.

You can, unlock them in the vault.

#11 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

The first thing I did when I got the game was build up enough VP to buy all of the original music and switch it back to that. I still love Simon Viklund though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.