Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

A Beginners Experience with Street Fighter 4

Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By Monk

Sakura is awesome
    Sakura is awesome
    First of all, Street Fighter. Street Fighter is one of those games I tried to get into. I have never purchased a fighting game nor been particularly good at them when playing them in the arcade.

My memories call back to playing Street Fighter 2 arcade machine on holiday. I remember never being able to beat the 1st or 2nd matches. It was just a button masher to me. So when Street Fighter 2 came out on Xbox Live Arcade, I decided to buy it. I played a match and was immediately discouraged by its difficulty. I had no knowledge of how to perform combos and special moves. But recognised it could be great fun when playing with people in the same room.

But it left me with a bad taste in my mouth, so when the HD remix came along I decided to give that a pass.

But I couldn't ignore it any longer when Street Fighter 4 came along.
    I hate this guy
    I hate this guy

And I liked it.

This is mostly due to the fact it was:

A ) 3-D

B ) New and not a rehash of old (well maybe it is)

C )  it might have a decent training mode.

And of course making an effort to learn the gameplay mechanics helped. Yeah, that might be it : )

I learned the game and so began to enjoy it. But since I'm using the PS3 controller I feel like I'm missing something, an Arcade Stick.
    I'd rather not get one. Expensive and not exactly growing on trees in these parts. I mostly use the analog sticks, which I must say are imprecise which makes it harder to perform moves. Basically my fight is with the controller.

I have reasonable fun with it and I am by no means an expert. Going Online means I get beaten a lot but I get an occasional victory. I currently going Single Player with Online enabled and try to unlock new characters. I just unlocked Akuma but Gouken seems a little tough to get.
    I felt the need to to include this picture.

I also wish there was a cohesive story of some weight.

But I'm having fun. I wonder how long will it last. Its very pick-up and play, so I imagine I'll be going back to it.

Also stop playing Ken and Ryu, its unfair on me!!!!

I also admit to purchasing the Femme Fatale costume pack. Pity Capcom is Nickel-and-Diming us for it :(

Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Monk

Sakura is awesome
    Sakura is awesome
    First of all, Street Fighter. Street Fighter is one of those games I tried to get into. I have never purchased a fighting game nor been particularly good at them when playing them in the arcade.

My memories call back to playing Street Fighter 2 arcade machine on holiday. I remember never being able to beat the 1st or 2nd matches. It was just a button masher to me. So when Street Fighter 2 came out on Xbox Live Arcade, I decided to buy it. I played a match and was immediately discouraged by its difficulty. I had no knowledge of how to perform combos and special moves. But recognised it could be great fun when playing with people in the same room.

But it left me with a bad taste in my mouth, so when the HD remix came along I decided to give that a pass.

But I couldn't ignore it any longer when Street Fighter 4 came along.
    I hate this guy
    I hate this guy

And I liked it.

This is mostly due to the fact it was:

A ) 3-D

B ) New and not a rehash of old (well maybe it is)

C )  it might have a decent training mode.

And of course making an effort to learn the gameplay mechanics helped. Yeah, that might be it : )

I learned the game and so began to enjoy it. But since I'm using the PS3 controller I feel like I'm missing something, an Arcade Stick.
    I'd rather not get one. Expensive and not exactly growing on trees in these parts. I mostly use the analog sticks, which I must say are imprecise which makes it harder to perform moves. Basically my fight is with the controller.

I have reasonable fun with it and I am by no means an expert. Going Online means I get beaten a lot but I get an occasional victory. I currently going Single Player with Online enabled and try to unlock new characters. I just unlocked Akuma but Gouken seems a little tough to get.

I also wish there was a cohesive story of some weight.

But I'm having fun. I wonder how long will it last. Its very pick-up and play, so I imagine I'll be going back to it.

Also stop playing Ken and Ryu, its unfair on me!!!!

I also admit to purchasing the Femme Fatale costume pack. Pity Capcom is Nickel-and-Diming us for it :(

Steve_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Steve_Evil

I'm with you on the character packs, game has really sucked me in at the moment and I'm trying to find figures, T-Shirts you name it, so a few points for some additional costumes, whilst a rip-off, actually makes perfect sense to me at the moment and I think I'm going to have to buy them all.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By StaticFalconar

Just realize that button mashing in Street Fighter is akin to just shooting in the general direction (usually their feet) in an FPS, sure you might get some hits off, but against anybody that takes the time to aim (do special moves or at least attack when they see you open), you're always gonna lose. While the analog stick is easier on the thumbs, the d-pad is much more precise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.