Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Actual date for PC release?

quadomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By quadomatic

I'm probably one of the few people that actually care, since I don't own a console (no I'm not pretentious and just want to play on PC - I don't have a 360 or PS3, and it was cheaper for me to build a very decent gaming computer) but does anyone know what the actual date of the PC release of SFIV is? I remember the last thing I read about it was on IGN, and it said it was coming "sometime after" the console release, but they didn't specify.

On Wikipedia, it says Q2 2009 and cites Gamespot. Does anyone know if a more definitive answer was released?

Oh yeah, and if anyone is worried about controls on PC, the official FightPad and FightStick work on PC.

BTW: I looked at  DMC4 and Lost Planet as examples of PC releases from consoles coming from Capcom. Both had a 6 month gap between console and PC. But, Devil May Cry 4 was not announced for the PC until 2 months after its release on consoles, while the PC release of SFIV was announced at the same time as the console announcement.

Amazon is listing a February 17th release date for the PC version, but that seems unlikely since Capcom's announcement for the first half of the year says that the PC version is coming out at a "later date" (but I'm guessing before the end of Q2 since the announcement pertained to the first half of the year):

http://pc.ign.com/articles/941/941481p1.html

Apparently Gamestop is listing June 2nd as the release date:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?affid=7500&product_id=72486

Honestly though, it shouldn't take so long to "port". The arcade version is a running on Taito board, which is actually a Core 2 Duo with a GeForce 7900.

I'll be playing Street Fighter III and Alpha 3 on Dreamcast to hold me off...

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By myke_tuna

Yeah I'm also thinking about going the PC route since it'll most likely be 10 dollars cheaper than the console versions and since the SE fightstick (for the 360) is USB... it should all work out. Hopefully it comes out sooner rather than later. The only thing that has me worried is my 7900GS card. I read up on the specs of the arcade board that SFIV runs on and it has the exact same card, but the processor and I think the ram run at a higher speed than my own (although I think I have the same amount of RAM, it runs at a lower speed). Hopefully the game scales really well so I can run it at lower settings or something with minimal impact on the game.

igl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By igl

If it's good I get it for both. Any idea if Capcom actually does decent PC versions?
    So far i only tried Bionic Command Rearmed on the PC. Can't complain. But what about more complex AAA game engines?
    Hope it's going to be on steam so i can carry it around to play at friends. That's a must have!

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks

I am getting this on PC as well as console. There are no control issues when you have a wide array of options. I don't think think the PC version will stray too far from the rest, Capcom will want to release all version close together as they were announced together. They have had ample time to make that happen, and as you point out it's Windows based X2 derived so it should be piss easy and simply a case of optimization. The PC version will have all the gloss of the arcade and quite possibly then some, if Capcom do what they did with their last PC game. DMC4, their last PC game, looked absolutely stunning running at crazy resolutions and a unlocked FPS. I expect the same here.

February 20th? I think it's definitely before March anyway :D

http://www.giantbomb.com/street-fighter-iv/61-20456/pc-version-dated/35-116068/#1

I'll be playing Street Fighter III and Alpha 3 on Dreamcast to hold me off...

Great idea.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.